Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What am I missing? Help me spend some money

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I missing? Help me spend some money

I want to buy and assemble my own short block. Here is a list of parts I have right now. I could use some help to figure out what else I am missing or what I'm doing wrong.

I plan to build this on a 6.0 3'rd gen iron block from GM, which is pretty cheap. And I want to go with a Lunati stroker kit for my internals, do these kits come with main bearings or just connecting rod bearings?

And what kind of main caps do I need? Will a bare block from GM come with main caps and a timing chain cover? Can I reuse my timing chain cover off my old LS1 motor?

My buget for building this short block is $4000-$5000 and that needs to include gaskets and stuff, right now I have a LS1 with no oil pressure and it has spun 2 bearings / has a damaged crank and other possible damage so I'm just going to rebuild the thing onto this.

Also, can my stock ported and polished LS1 heads work on the 6.0 Iron block? And what bore do these iron blocks come with? The GM site didn't say too much about them.

6.0 Iron Block $650
Double roller timing chain $159
Oil Pump $159
Head gasket set $200
Lunati Rotating Assembly $3200
?? Main Caps ?? ???
Main Studs ARP $200
Old 07-02-2004, 05:03 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by term
I want to buy and assemble my own short block. Here is a list of parts I have right now. I could use some help to figure out what else I am missing or what I'm doing wrong.

I plan to build this on a 6.0 3'rd gen iron block from GM, which is pretty cheap. And I want to go with a Lunati stroker kit for my internals, do these kits come with main bearings or just connecting rod bearings?

And what kind of main caps do I need? Will a bare block from GM come with main caps and a timing chain cover? Can I reuse my timing chain cover off my old LS1 motor?

My buget for building this short block is $4000-$5000 and that needs to include gaskets and stuff, right now I have a LS1 with no oil pressure and it has spun 2 bearings / has a damaged crank and other possible damage so I'm just going to rebuild the thing onto this.

Also, can my stock ported and polished LS1 heads work on the 6.0 Iron block? And what bore do these iron blocks come with? The GM site didn't say too much about them.

6.0 Iron Block $650
Double roller timing chain $159
Oil Pump $159
Head gasket set $200
Lunati Rotating Assembly $3200
?? Main Caps ?? ???
Main Studs ARP $200
We can help you with everything you beed here at SDPC. With a new 6.0 block you willget new main caps, but you will need many other pieces. The good news is yes, your heads, front cover rear cover will work fine. We have all the gaskets, oil galley plugs, and seals you will need Give me a call or pm me if I can help!!

KJ