Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cooling system

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question cooling system

i just had my cooling system flushed last summer at the local chevy garage before i put my camaro away for the winter and now something weird is going on i think with the cooling system that just started today. when i got home earlier this evening i pulled the car in the garage and shut it off and then popped the hood as usual to let the engine cool off and as i did i could here like a gurgeling noise coming from the general area of the radiator and then i could hear a noise like water hit a hot surface in the area of the passenger side cylinder head but i could see no leakage it *** if i was inside the head and going in to the manifold.this has me kinda worried and has never happended before far as the cylinder head and the steam sound coming from it but i dont know if the gurgeling sound is normal and i have just never noticed it but it kinda has me worried and i think i am gonna take it to the local chevy garage to have it looked at and see what they say
Old 07-19-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That almost sounds like the AC system. The gurgling and sizzling sound is common when you use your AC system alot. My wifes 02 burb does that. Normally you will see a puddle of water underneath the condensor and alot of water forming on it.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i never use the a/c but i turned it on to see what it would do and when i did you could hear the a/c kick in and the screeching and scraping sound stop. i think it might be a tensioner pulley that has gone bad but i am not positive.as for the gurgeling sound i took it out tonight and it did not do it when i pulled it in the garage and parked her so i dont know what to say about that