Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knocking

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocking

I have an 01 WS6 with Loudmouth, Lid, KN, and MAS air ends. At WOT it rattles or knocks, it almost sounds like a wrist pin. Is this normal? It's not really noticable but it's definitly there.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Knocking

I have the same problem with my car, It is known to be the rods hitting the cylinder wall. I'ts cause is the rods are a little too long and they have a tennansy to slap the cylinder walls. It's all normal with the LS1. Also we have the self aligning rockers that make noise from time to time.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. I feel better that it's somewhat normal but I still don't like it.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

piston slap isn't really a WOT phenomona. Is there any chance you might be detonating (pinging) at WOT?
Old 04-04-2003, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

have you changed your tunning at all or are you running a maf beacouse i had a simlar problem and when tring to diagnose it both hypertech and slp both say they sometimes get problems with detnoation on their products at wotin hotter climates. but just loot at it this way ls1 is a noisy enging if it concerns you go to dealership and complain if they say they cannot do anything then have em give you a document staing that you have detnoation(for example) and that theres nothing they can do about it so if down the road (outside of warrenty peroid) someting does come up they are liable since you have proof you reported it dunring the warrenty peroid

thats what in for my 02 t\a i was having part throttle knocking so i went in and they said it was fine so i made them put it in print...if anything its a pice of mind