Sponsored by:

Rocker Arm Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rocker Arm Questions

Did a search, but came up with nada.
I'm trying to plan for the future, and I was wondering is swapping in a set of RR's is worth it. How big a PITA is it? How much HP did you gain? You you think it is worth the trouble/cost? Present mods in the sig; future mods include Predator, low temp stat, smooth bellows, !cats, install flowmaster muffler(I know, but I'm putting it on anyway!), LCA's, Eibach springs, relocation brackets, SFC's
TIA
Old 04-01-2003, 08:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Rocker Arm Questions

It seems to me that a cam swap makes more sense.

The Crane roller rockers for the LS1 are really expensive, and all you'll really stand to gain is a little extra valve lift. You'll need to change valvesprings anyway, since the stock LS1 springs are marginal with factory cam/rockers.

By the time you buy the rockers and springs, you could almost do a cam swap (cam, pushrods, springs) for the same $$$, and stand to gain a lot more...
Old 04-01-2003, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Rocker Arm Questions

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GeorgeC:
<strong> It seems to me that a cam swap makes more sense.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is that something I can do myself (ie in my driveway with limited tools)? And what else do I need to swap out with the cam? Will it benefit me without doing head work, too? Thanks for the response.