Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT224/224 112lsa vs ls1 hot cam + ?'s about setup for cam/n2o

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 04:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT224/224 112lsa vs ls1 hot cam + ?'s about setup for cam/n2o

The hot cam will prolly put less stress on the valve train right? the the thunderracing cam will produce more power. ive heard of good gains from both. right now im spraying a 150 shot, and am willing to drop off to 100 or 125 to prevent motor breakage if i must. just wondering if the gains of the 224/224 outwiegh the higher risk. also i may have to drive the car for a few days and when i do get it tuned shop is about 4 hrs away, i know the hotcam is drivable what about the other? i intend to get pushrods and springs, even tho im spraying id really not like to lay down the 150$ on retainers.
my last question is when spraying with the tt224/224 how high in the rpm band is safe to spray? would i cut it out at say 6000 or all the way to like a 6500 shift??? i think the hot cam makes peak power around 6000 and thats when i cut the spray out now so thats not really a question.
just wondering which is the best cam and whats the best way to spray with it, its important for me to know this to make a descision.
i want timeslips, but i dont wanna pay for the rebuild.

thanks guys
Old 10-28-2004, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

first you need to do a search! there are so many freakin hot cam and 224 threads it is insane lol! i say maybe go with something a lil bit bigger?!? like a futural cam, i know i will be in a couple of months. i have nothing but great stuff about them
Old 10-28-2004, 09:34 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by hookedonbotl
The hot cam will prolly put less stress on the valve train right? the the thunderracing cam will produce more power. ive heard of good gains from both. right now im spraying a 150 shot, and am willing to drop off to 100 or 125 to prevent motor breakage if i must. just wondering if the gains of the 224/224 outwiegh the higher risk. also i may have to drive the car for a few days and when i do get it tuned shop is about 4 hrs away, i know the hotcam is drivable what about the other? i intend to get pushrods and springs, even tho im spraying id really not like to lay down the 150$ on retainers.
my last question is when spraying with the tt224/224 how high in the rpm band is safe to spray? would i cut it out at say 6000 or all the way to like a 6500 shift??? i think the hot cam makes peak power around 6000 and thats when i cut the spray out now so thats not really a question.
just wondering which is the best cam and whats the best way to spray with it, its important for me to know this to make a descision.
i want timeslips, but i dont wanna pay for the rebuild.

thanks guys
I can't answer all your questions but, I just installed a TR224 112 and my car fired right up and ran just fine w/o a tune. I installed 918 springs, pushrods, & ti retainers. I got the retainers for a great price in the for sale section here. I did a ton of research and found the TR224 to be the most tried and true, consistant cam. I also found that it runs better as far as idle, surging etc that the hotcam. Just my 02. Good luck.

Quick Reply: TT224/224 112lsa vs ls1 hot cam + ?'s about setup for cam/n2o