Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with my Car please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question Help with my Car please!

When starting off, car feels like it's falling on it's face, but if I step through it, it's fine. I hope that's not detonation I'm stepping through; it's gone by 1800rpm.

Started yesterday real bad when I had the AC on, after sitting stuck in rush hour for 2 hours, bumper to bumper. I have 160 thermos and the fans programmed, but being a 99 needle it never moved off center.

I thought it was injectors so I swapped to 42lb's FORD's tonight, recalibrated the PCM and took it for a drive. Same problem. Put the car in SD mode to eliminate the MAF being the problem. Same problem only not as severe. I thought today perhaps a faulty coil pack ( intermittent ) but after searching tonight the symptoms don't match.

Motor is new , installed 6-18-05 , have about 600 miles on it. I had this same issue last year RIGHT before my motor let go. However the bogging/hesitation started real bad less than 100 miles ago, not as soon as I started the new motor. So I'm a little concerned now in resolving this so I can drive it.

Any ideas?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

John,

What are all your specs? Who's tuning your car??? What did you change from my tune?

PM me if you want...
Old 07-20-2005, 07:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Specs in sig, I'm tuning the car. All we changed was injectors. I'm getting 15 degrees of knock when I take off at a light; NO knock ( ok, minimal, under 2 ) after that. So I think some exhaust is banging, even though I have poly motor mounts and trans mount, and torque arm mount. Maybe I could desensitize the knock sensors for take off only? Bottom line is that much knock is going to pull timing making it tough to take off right?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Could be a knock sensor gone bad or a wire got pinched when you put the intake on.

Got your PM and email... We'll get this fixed somehow!!!