Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Junk 6.0 engine. What can i make use of?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have Junk 6.0 engine. What can i make use of?

This is an LQ9 Engine out of a 2500 truck that was blown up. I dont know the extent of the damage as of now, but I know I can have anything off the engine except the throttle body(re-used) FREE. From just looking at it with minimal parts taken off, the pistons are in a bunch of pieces. Probably over heated, or oil issues. Anyway.. I am looking to keep the heads, and selling the intake. What else is of value here? I suppose it would depend on the damage, in that case, what is important to look for/ what should i do with this engine? I think i am gonna have to rip it apart and check myself. I would be up for selling/ giving some parts away for help. Thanks guys.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

well see if the block is cracked... if the block is fine then you can re-use that, maybe bore it out a bit to make sure you have fresh cylinders..... if it was an oil starvation issue that killed the motor... i would probably not re-use too many things.. however, you can have the stock crank polished if the damage isn't too bad... put new (forged) rods and pistons in it, a nice sized cam.... if the heads are fine you can just re-used them (if on a tight budget) or have them ported...

here's what i'd do... if the motor isn't as bad as you think.......... bore .030 over, port heads, stock crank, forged rods pistons, cam in the 230-240 dur range, ls-6 intake, re-use throttle body from truck (matches 80mm opening of the ls-6 intake) and get a high volum oil pump. you'll have a bad *** 370 to put in your "rare99ss" and beat up on the locals with it! ...but that's just what i'd do.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

Boat Anchor!!