Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoke...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke...

Me and a couple buddys put my cam and valvetrain in a couple weeks ago, and i have seem to developed a smoke problem. its burning oil at idle, daily driving, and wot. im sure its my valve seals that i got not sealing, its the only logical thing i could come up with but not lookin forward to the whole process of tearing down the valvetrain and reassembling it all back together. just wondering if you guys have any other ideas, on what else it could be. thanks for your time.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

nothing to say?
Old 09-21-2005, 04:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I assume you changed the seals. Black to intake, brown to exhaust? Did you gently tap them down until fully seated? The stockers have a measurement that should be taken, but with different seats the numbers as measured will change.

I am getting ready to start mine this weekend, hopefully I don't have the same problem as the 02 seals I removed were perfect since they were part of the seat and couldn't come off the valve guide.

I had this problem with aftermarket seals on a Nissan I rebuilt several years ago, I even replaced them with another set of aftermarket seals. They kept riding up the valve guides and then coming free allowing oil to pour into the cylinder through the guide. Then I got the real deal Nissan seals and they never came off of the valve guides and solved the problem.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Im thinking thats what happened to me, them riding up. I bought all the stuff for texas speed. springs,ret.,seats, seals but i guess i will go and buy some OEM ones and pay attention and make sure they snap down. im guessing that oem ones will work...i dont see why they wouldnt.