Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rocker noise?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rocker noise?

I completed my 408 build a couple of weeks ago and ran the car under 3k rpm's for the first 200 or so miles, it's at about 350 now and the other day it started ticking like a loose rocker or something valvetrain after I let it breath a little prob 4500 or so. I pulled the covers and inspected springs, rockers, and checked tq specs all around 24 ft lbs. So I checked for exhaust leaks and found one where the collector merges to the x pipe, fixed it but still ticking. It also comes and goes, ticks on start up then goes away a little then comes back. It's not piston slap, I am having a hard time pin pointing the exact location as well, I can hear it under car and on top of the motor as well as inside, the noise also dissapears as soon as rpms increase, it drives ok, oil press is fine & everything else sounds ok. I drove the car to A&A Corvette's today and was told it was a loose rocker and I would need some longer pr's or adjustable rockers. I have comp 7.400's now w/ a G5 X4. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated, thanks.