Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever Hear of Hawks Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:26 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ever Hear of Hawks Racing?

There is a seller on e-bay called Raceparts (with a backwards R). They are selling Mahle piston and ring sets with H Beam rods that they claim are made by Hawks Racing. The picture of the rods look for all the world like SCAT rods.

Have any of you ever heard of Hawks Racing?
Has anyone ever used their stuff?
If so, is it any good?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 01-11-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I posted a similar thread awhile back....never got an answer.
I got an email from them stating the rods were manufactured by the same plant that makes the Scat / Eagle rods. I didn't think Eagle and Scat came from the same plant....I have been told most of these budget rods are forged in China, then come over here for final machining .....
Old 01-12-2006, 12:20 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Thanks for your response. I suspect that these are a knockoff of the SCAT rod design. The Eagle H Beams actually look a little different. Who knows what the strength of the rods would be, etc.

Steve
Old 01-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Teching In

"Hawks" is a brand name that Raceparts, Mustang Depot and that "group" of companies (they're all ebay accounts, that's it) use as their private label products.

It short it's whatever's cheapest.

For a while when I saw their parts first hand they were Cat (not Scat) but Cat discontinued cranks for a while and I saw some of their parts which were another import private label, again not Scat or Eagle.

I can tell you for certain that not all cranks and rods are made at the same foundry. The uninformed or the cheapies like to claim that, it simply isn't the truth. I'm sure that there is some overlap but in general there are vast differences in quality and quality control (the sizing of the rods) across the market.

Buyer beware on the cheap stuff...

$.02

Brian