Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lunati vs Eagle rotating assembly

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lunati vs Eagle rotating assembly

I know the differences the question is: is it worth it(lunati) in a street car that will see limited track time but gets driven hard. Or is it better to use an Eagle crank to save money and use lunati billet rods and diamond pistons. Really trying to configure a semi bullet proof motor as inexpensive as possible but want to use quality componants. Im in a tough place. I have old schoolers here who believe only in proven quality parts and dont think the overseas stuff is any good. Then you have people who swear by the stuff. Its all in how things are forged and made. Our manufactuiring procedures are better than the foreign makers. Want to go 408 and have it handle a 250 shot.
Or is a 370 a less expensive way to go; it is if you use a stock crank but not if you use a lunati. And if you would just use a stock crank in a 370 then why go with a lunati for the 408? $2000 is a good reason for a serious debate I think. Car might never see 600hp but longevity is a big factor here. Tighter tolerances and balance usualy means longer life or am I wrong?

Quick Reply: Lunati vs Eagle rotating assembly