Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for head and conrod advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for head and conrod advice

A couple years ago I spun a rod bearing, and had a local builder bore it .005, install JE pistons and balance everything. Patriot LS6 style heads went on, and a 231/237 TSP cam (gomer special of the week) in. The motor has never really made the power I hoped (415 rwhp / 385 rwtq with full bolt-ons, light flywheel and clutch and a 10-bolt) and uses some oil (valve guides I think).

I regret reusing the stock rods, although ARP bolts were installed. Over the next few years the car will see time on a road course and open road races, and I would like for the motor to stay together and make more power. Which rods would be good to 7,000 rpm, with extended periods around 5200? I would like to resuse the JE pistons so the rods would need to be stock length (unless this is just a bad idea).

Last, which heads work well on a 347 with the 231/237 cam? I would like something like the AFR 205's, but know nothing about all the other options out now. I would like to maintain >11:0 with the 2cc vavle reliefs and the thin cometic gasket. I think this means <= 60cc chambers.