Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! huge dead spot... :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! huge dead spot... :(

alright... so the car has been running amazingly well lately and of coarse.. something had to get fucked up yet again (damn gremlins)

if i mash the throttle i have SOLID power up till 4600 RPM's. then, the car falls flat on its face and feels like ****... then if i stay in it, around 5200 RPM's it will pick right back up and have SOLID power yet again... WTF is going on?? its not throwing ANY codes.. i cant hear any detonation, the tune is VERY conservative on timing due to the 200 shot. so WTF

here are my ideas..

bad 02 sensor
my speed density tune learned something retarded and picked up some knock (maybe false?) and detuned the car during that RPM range?

bad gas, hitting some knock and its slowing down?
Old 09-29-2006, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

come on.. i know you guys have to have an opinion on WTF is up with the car..
Old 09-29-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Speed denity tunes are pretty hard to do correctly. You might wanna check on that part of it because i have heard of a few people that have had quite a few problems with a Speed Density Tune.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definately not the O2s. Once you hit PE, you are on VE/MAF or just VE if you are SD.

With that being said, here's a couple of ideas...don't know if they are good ideas, just ideas.
1) Air leak.
2) Pulling timing...could be torque management or knock.
3) clogged cats or obstruction in exhaust

Originally Posted by LostCauseZ06
alright... so the car has been running amazingly well lately and of coarse.. something had to get fucked up yet again (damn gremlins)

if i mash the throttle i have SOLID power up till 4600 RPM's. then, the car falls flat on its face and feels like ****... then if i stay in it, around 5200 RPM's it will pick right back up and have SOLID power yet again... WTF is going on?? its not throwing ANY codes.. i cant hear any detonation, the tune is VERY conservative on timing due to the 200 shot. so WTF

here are my ideas..

bad 02 sensor
my speed density tune learned something retarded and picked up some knock (maybe false?) and detuned the car during that RPM range?

bad gas, hitting some knock and its slowing down?
Old 09-29-2006, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by muncie21
Definately not the O2s. Once you hit PE, you are on VE/MAF or just VE if you are SD.

With that being said, here's a couple of ideas...don't know if they are good ideas, just ideas.
1) Air leak.
2) Pulling timing...could be torque management or knock.
3) clogged cats or obstruction in exhaust
air leak??? coming from where?

a little more info.. put some VP 100 race gas in today, seems to be running ALOT better.. im goign to reset my fuel trims and log it with HP tuners checking for knock. its not a dead spot anymore but just a slight hesitation for a sec. i think that the wierd *** weather changes out here are messing stuff up...
Old 09-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Well if it helps any my car sat with 1/4 tank for 3 months and ran badly when I got her going again. It was hesitating real bad, new gas fixed it 100% after running it hard and cleaning it out