Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help piston slap

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help piston slap

hey i have an 01' trans am with 35,000 miles. it makes a knocking sound which has to be piston slap. i was thinken it was a spun bearing but ive been driving the car with this knock for a while and the oil pressure is perfect, the performance is perfect and theres no metal shavings in the oil or on the bottom of oil nut. i have an extended warrenty and need to get this fixed its been driving me crazy. i really dont trust the dealership and want to bring it somewhere that is formilliar or specific to the ls1 engine. im in staten island ny but willing to take it out of the area. any ideas? thanks alot i really appreciate it
Old 10-04-2006, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

if its not hurting anything, why fix it? mine has been doing that since i bought it, but everyone at the dealership and on these forums says that its completely normal for our LS1 cars. i have 0 performance decrease, so do you. just let the car warm up before you drive it and it won't be there.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

What weight of Oil and what brand are you using. Maybe switching oils could help some.