Sponsored by:

Tell me what you think!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me what you think!

Alright,

Now there isn't much information in search as to which gaskets are necessary when rebuilding a motor. Here's a list of everything I *think* I need:
GM LS1 Front Main Seal
GM LS1 Front Cover Gasket
GM LS1 Rear Main Seal
GM LS1 Rear Cover Gasket
GM LS1 Coolant Seal (4 required)
GM LS1 Water Pump Gasket, 1999 and up (2 required)
GM LS1 Oil Pan Gasket
GM LS1/LS2 Exhaust Manifold Gasket(2 required)

I also have a FAST 90/90 so I'm unsure on valley cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets. Let know please.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The valley cover gasket will be the same, just make sure you change out the stock bolts that hold the valley cover in place for the allen head ones provided with the fast intake.

You'll also need the FAST intake gaskets, they are not the same as you standard LS intake.

Other then thats, looks like you've got everything. Head gaskets are the only thing I can think of thats missing right now.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

They sell full rebuild kits at O'Reilly's for a decent price. Head bolts would be nice, too.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
The valley cover gasket will be the same, just make sure you change out the stock bolts that hold the valley cover in place for the allen head ones provided with the fast intake.

You'll also need the FAST intake gaskets, they are not the same as you standard LS intake.

Other then thats, looks like you've got everything. Head gaskets are the only thing I can think of thats missing right now.
I should have said that I already have ARP head studs, Cometic .040 gaskets, and the FAST intake gaskets from the prior install(same with the bolts on the valley cover). Do you see a need in replacing the valley cover gasket? Or will the one I used before be just fine?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
I should have said that I already have ARP head studs, Cometic .040 gaskets, and the FAST intake gaskets from the prior install(same with the bolts on the valley cover). Do you see a need in replacing the valley cover gasket? Or will the one I used before be just fine?
Honestly, I reused mine and havent had the 1st issue. It was a sunday and all dealers were closed and no parts store had one so I said screw it Ill reuse it. If it leaked it would be an easy swap. Not one issue to date...
Old 10-09-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Honestly, I reused mine and havent had the 1st issue. It was a sunday and all dealers were closed and no parts store had one so I said screw it Ill reuse it. If it leaked it would be an easy swap. Not one issue to date...
Awesome! Thanks for all your help man, I appreciate it!