Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chew on this cam question for me please

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chew on this cam question for me please

I know about the search feature but I have limited time on teh net tonight and its been pretty unstable (I am in Iraq right now).

Please help me figure this out. I have not been into cams lately or been following the trends.

Ok sorry to beat a dead horse. I bought a LS1 short block with flycut pistons about a year ago. I was going to forge this for my C5. I already had an ATI on it but I wanted the insurance to go with the extra planned boost . ANyway i traded that off (c5) about a year ago lol, and now have a short block without a home. I am buying a set of LS6 heads, with dual rev srpings, pushrods and a Z06 cam.

Since this is not going in the C5 I am putting it in my 99 ECSB Z71. My 5.3 has 180,000 mile on it. I tow and want low end, what kind of a cam should I go with? I know you hate those kinds of questions but thing is I been messing with F/I on the vettes more then I have been payign attention to Cam trends lately. And basically I want this motor to make some good power but I want more low end then topend, without sacrificing driveability.

Since I will have dual springs and flycuts pistons how big should i go and keep it sane. My goal it to get it around 400-420 at the crank. If i get that at the wheels great but I want this motor to pull and just drive more then drag race. What do you guys think? I do not want to rev the **** out of the motor to get better Peak HP I am looking more for a flat curve. I would go with a Radix, and I might later on, but for now I want to see what I can do with a 5.7L LS1.

Damon
Old 10-10-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

If your wanting more low end, your proably gonna have to end up going with a smaller cam. instead of getting something thats going to take use of thoes flycut pistons. Im sure there are some people on here that can set you down the path of exactly what you need.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Veteran

thanks...... I just want to keep it simple really. Plus i do not want a stall in it that is too much.