Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 piston

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 piston

Hi, Didn't know which title to start this post,but my question is that when i installed the 243 heads,cam,injectors and some truck coils onto my 99 ls1,i ended up taking the heads back out ,because there was alot of smoke coming out of my tailpipe upon start up. I smelled alot fuel. i found out the one of the coils weren't firing and ended up pouring fuel into my pistons. After me taking off the heads and examining it there was no marks or anything,but when i was cleaning the bolt holes and vacummed the little particles that got in there and i rotated the crank by hand,but i noticed on that piston where the coil wasn't working and poured fuel there was a squeaking noise when the piston was going up&down upon rotating. I'm curious if this is going to be problem. do anybody think the piston's damaged? I also didn't have any oil in the pan for about 3 weeks since i had to drain the oil and changed the pan gaskets. or should i spray some kind of lubricant on that clyinder wall and try rotating it again? Is there some kind of lubricant or spray so that i could spray on that piston wall and maybe try it that way first and see if the squeak goes away? Please help!!!