Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[VIDEO] LUNATI 382 Stroker ..First E.T/MPH..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [VIDEO] LUNATI 382 Stroker ..First E.T/MPH..

Well, I didn't really know what to expect the first time at the track with my new Lunati 382. I didn't know how to launch with the new H.P./TQ. and I could of picked a better day..The weather was absolutely offensive.. It's been just miserable here in South Florida lately.. Africa Hot ..Brazil Humid and soggy for the last two weeks ...BUT... I just went for it anyway....Sometimes ..you just gotta say WTF.. So here's the GOOD..The BAD and The UGLY

THE UGLY....My first pass was a disaster..Whatever success I 've had was to do a long burnout..get the Nitto's Hot and sticky and launch at about 1300 and nail the gas and FLASH the YANK SS3800...well..That didn't work I ended up just spinning thru 1st AND 2nd ..just a embarassing 13.10 @110... ..So that was NOT the way to launch..

THE BAD..I suppose that the Nitto DR's are a good tire for most of you..and frankly they have served me well in the past...BUT...this was starting to get really frustrating..Trying to launch this new beast with 490 RWT with 3.73's and a YANK SS3800 was going to take some creative technique..The bottom line was ..it was all I could do to just stick the throttle a little ..get on to the sticky part of the track and go from there..NOT FUN and NOT an easy chore..But I tried anyway..a different technique on every run. I ran a 11.77..11.53..11.46 all still spinning a little less every time but never using the full potential of this new car of mine...I'm getting there but what I really need is TRACTION....Basically E.T. Streets!!! I continue anyway..the trooper I am..

THE GOOD..I'm getting the launch under control..not great but better..still slipping.. but better. So.....I draw a 427 Chevelle who dials in a 11.00 and I dial in a 12.90 since I just didn't give a damn anymore ..totally frustrated but I figure I would just give it another go. This was just a test and tune night and I was in the dial in lane because ther are NO imports!! The run was my best of the evening..NOT GREAT..but not bad either..11.37@121with a 1.63 60' and I'm feelin a little better now..just a little.

I think there is a CCW Wheel /Tire package in my future...Drag Radials are just NOT going to cut it anymore....This car has 10's in it...I'm SURE of it!!!

Here are a couple of tonite's videos....just to give you a peek at my first experience with my new stroker at the track..Enjoy!

But.... I'll be back..and in the 10's..YOU CAN BET ON IT!! :smash: Besides I like the 10 second club Avatar better than the 11..

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/vst...oso1137wmv.wmv
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/vstella//1146wmv.wmv
Old 05-16-2003, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: [VIDEO] LUNATI 382 Stroker ..First E.T/MPH..

Good time bro!

I am sure you have more in it.

Damn I want a 382 so bad I can taste it.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice times for a new setup. How much does the car weigh in with the new setup?
Old 05-16-2003, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

nice !!!
Old 05-17-2003, 08:55 AM
Teching In

How much does the car weigh in with the new setup? .....strokedls1
Just over 3200 lbs..