Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Hot-rodding

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True Hot-rodding

True hot-rodding use to be to go as fast as possible with minimum cash outlay. With that in mind has anyone taken this approach:

Car: '02 WS6, M6, lid/filter, GMMG, lowered with AR200s wheels

Target: Go fast cheaply

Game plan: 4:10 gears and Hot cam.

Reason: The cam should get me to around 360 rwhp and gears will pick .3 by themselves. This should give me a solid mid 12's sec car. Everyone seems to go with headers first. I understand their performance gains but feel the stock manifolds are good enough to get me there. They are from the Z06 which puts down this power using them. I would add headers when and if I ever do the heads.

Has anyone taken this approach and what were the results? All points of view is welcomed.

Thanks.

Old 06-21-2003, 12:40 PM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: True Hot-rodding

vette manifolds on an F-body? doubt it. your 02 has a LS6/Z06 INTAKE manifold

get some drag radials, a pulley, and some mac headers. dump the exhaust in the driveway and go racing. 12's are a joke.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took that route with my 98 Formula. I spent less than $2000, thanks to buying a few used parts here and there, and ended up going 12.68 at 110.6 mph. This was back in 1999 as well, so at the time that was pretty quick.

My mods were:

ported MAF
EGR mod
MTI lid
cutout
4.10s
drag radials
HPP3
Old 06-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True hot-rodding use to be to go as fast as possible with minimum cash outlay. With that in mind has anyone taken this approach:

Car: '02 WS6, M6, lid/filter, GMMG, lowered with AR200s wheels

Target: Go fast cheaply

Game plan: 4:10 gears and Hot cam.

Reason: The cam should get me to around 360 rwhp and gears will pick .3 by themselves. This should give me a solid mid 12's sec car. Everyone seems to go with headers first. I understand their performance gains but feel the stock manifolds are good enough to get me there. They are from the Z06 which puts down this power using them. I would add headers when and if I ever do the heads.

Has anyone taken this approach and what were the results? All points of view is welcomed.

Thanks.

I think your way of thinking is right, but you would get mid 12's easier with some used mac headers and drag radials.