Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 zo6 heads work ok with my mods ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 zo6 heads work ok with my mods ??

I am fairly new to the world of hot rodding and just got into muscle cars. I have 03 zo6 243 heads. The guy i bought from said the heads were redone 1500 miles ago with 3 angle valve job,new seal, titanium retainers, valve locks,dual coil manley springs capable lift up .650. I have 04 GTO A/t with following mods: comp cam xr 275 222/224 566/568 112 LSA, 2800 stall sortue converter,stock 241 heads with upgrade springs,seals, titanium retainers, Comp cam 7.4" hardended push rods, tune. 363 RWHP . I want to get he 243 heads ported & reuse existing springs,valve locks, but replace the valve seals and reuse the valves from 243 heads. Is the 243 heads work fine with my cam ? Will there be any issue with the ptv clearance ? What else can i do to the heads to get more power ? Although i never done the head swap before i am planning to do this myself in next few months. Is ther anything i should watch out for ? Lastly do i have to replace the pushrods & orignal factory lifters ?
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

COME ON GUYS, HELP ME OUT. I need you guys input.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

the 243's will work with that cam, your hardened pushrods are fine, lifters? never hurt to upgrade but not necessary. porting the heads will gain you more hp, how much? I don't know. sounds like they have good springs so if they only have 1500 miles then reuse them. you might read the heads and cam install guide at the how to university.com. do a search here and you'll find it. good luck, its not that hard just takes time to prep everything before it goes back together, and read all you can before you start.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lowbirdws6
the 243's will work with that cam, your hardened pushrods are fine, lifters? never hurt to upgrade but not necessary. porting the heads will gain you more hp, how much? I don't know. sounds like they have good springs so if they only have 1500 miles then reuse them. you might read the heads and cam install guide at the how to university.com. do a search here and you'll find it. good luck, its not that hard just takes time to prep everything before it goes back together, and read all you can before you start.
I really appreciate your input,seems there are alot of guys out there with plenty of experience that could take little bit of their time to give me their input ,advices,apparently not. I am new to this ,only experience i have on car is i replaced brake pads on my Hyundi. I really want to do this myself because i love working on cars i love the satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment when i do it myself. To me it just just seem like its extremely complicated, may i'm wrong .
Again I appreciate anyone, anyone that can give me any pointers so i don't make a major mistake & ruin the engine.