Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reliable street cam for 99 ws6 m6

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reliable street cam for 99 ws6 m6

what is a good choice cam for a manual ws6 ls1 all bolt ons except headers which will go on same time as the cam remember streetability/reliability is my main concern, and how does stock valvetrain hold up, also with longtube headers does the passenger side header need to be removed when doing a clutch change later on thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Header shouldnt need removed but Im not running Longtubes yet.

As for the cam, the best advice I can give is to contact PatrickG and pay the $25 for him to spec you a custom cam if you are really serious about one. Just need your power goals in mind, weather you are doing cam only or heads also. He can get you just what you want. Also with a custom cam he can get you more power from a cam with great drivability/reliability.

For example he spec'd a moderate cam for me that should have good drivability and easily make 420rwhp with a $1200 set of heads. I have seen many places with great cam only results. Try some searches and see what others say about their cams.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks il look into that i was planning on just doing cam and longtubes only no heads is there any shelf cams that are streetable and still make good power or not really
Old 04-06-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen alot of posts about the 224 cams(TSPs 224R and Thunder Racings TR224) and they seem pretty good with good drivability. Before talking to PatrickG I was going to go with TSPs 228R.

Before you do your swap though talk to alot of sponsors. I am saving alot of money on my swap by just shopping around and asking for he best prices. Many are quick to help out when you are on LS1tech.

Quick Reply: reliable street cam for 99 ws6 m6