Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name that noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name that noise

I have had 2 weird noises ever since my cam was swapped out two days ago.

After I let the springs heat cycle a night I decided to do a few WOT runs during work while I was driving around. That all went fine but when I got home I started to hear a slight tapping noise on the drivers side of the engine that wasn't present on the passenger side. Well I decided to take off the valve covers and check to see if the springs were ok and what the rockers were torqued down do. I check all of them and made sure they were at 22lb/ft and then put everything back together. After that I started her up and now I have a squeek noise in place of the tap. Both noises increased in frequency as I slowly brought up the rpm. I'm a little worried about this and if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Name that noise

Well I decided to fire up the car again and let it idle for like 5 minutes or so and the squeeking noise became less apparent and has totally disappeared. Weird but now I do have my first SES light from the cam. I figure it's that Random Misfire code and that is expected from a Hotcam right?
Old 08-07-2003, 03:47 AM
11 Second Club

Default Re: Name that noise

I jus installed my tr224 111lsa and ses light goes on/off hook it up to gm's tech 2 and got dtc PO300 misfire detected. i checked out the misfire chart and it was only missing @ idle i guess because of the cam, but i reved it up to about 2k and on the chart all the values turn into zero meaning no misfires. like the guys from forum told me u gotta edit the thing!. and i guess ur pcm needs to learn. ive been driving my car round alot cause my cam was jus put in on monday 8/4/03. the more i drive it the better it idles and on my way home tonite from dropping my gf off my ses light came off. i guess ill live it as is for now untill i get ls1 edit.