Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bent pushrod

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent pushrod

Anyone ever bent a chromoly hardened pushrod?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

No but I know it is most definately possible if a spring(s) aren't hard enough to stay with a given situation. Sometimes also harder springs go bad if you make them work hard before the car has run enough to really let them get to the temp they should be at.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

A mechanically-induced over-rev would probably bend any pushrod. If you blow a shift at high RPM, say, missing 2nd-to-3rd, and stuffing it back into 1st, the PCM cannot use the rev limiter by pulling fuel. A mechanically-induced over-rev pretty much renders the PCM useless, as far as rev-limiting goes.

Poorly matched valvetrain components (too heavy, or too light) that cannot keep lifters planted firmly on cam lobes at high RPM is usually a recipe for disaster, too.

slp- -firehawk makes a good point, also. I'm installing Jesel J2K shaft-mounted roller rockers on my engine. One of the installation steps recommends starting the engine and running it until it reaches operating temperature, and then shutting it off and allowing the engine to cool to ambient temperature. After that, you're good to go.