Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello LSturd.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello LSturd.com

I've got an 88 Mustang GT. I call it LSD...LSDestroyer. This old JY motor runs good...but, I'm in a dilimma...a good friend of mine wants to buy the motor, carb to oilpan, for $2500. That is more money than I have in the motor. At any rate, I've got a couple of friends that run LSturds and theirs run pretty decent. I'm considering picking up a JY LS motor and dropping it into my Mustang GT. How much would a JY engine...throttle body-oilpan, computer (and accessories) run me? How difficult would this change be? Also, what kind of ET's could I expect? The Mustang weighs 3280 with me in it right now. This is a difficult decision as the FORD power has made me a believer and I've yet to get my azz kicked by an LSturdmaro. Also, what tranny would you recommend? I'm using an auto now, but would a stick work better with an LSturd?
Old 09-10-2008, 05:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

with the subject title you put up i wouldn't expect to get a whole lot of friendly responses. a good used ls based motor will run $2000 and up. fwiw my buddy has a 92 hatch that has a dart block based 347 and is still staring at my tail lights LSX FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 05:57 AM
TECH Regular

hmmmm well if u think that LS1 camaro was a "turd" u raced, then i hate to see what times u run dude....

anywho LS1 in a Fox body would make a good motor swap, alot of easy N/A power to be had. im sure the fellow LS1ers on here can point u in the right direction....just please be a lil more respectful bout our cars and motors on the forum and this is coming from a 97 cobra owner....its not our fault ur 88 heads/cam/intake bolt on GT can't hang with Stock LS1 cars.... just my 2 cents
Old 09-10-2008, 06:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 10.5
I've got an 88 Mustang GT. I call it LSD...LSDestroyer. This old JY motor runs good...but, I'm in a dilimma...a good friend of mine wants to buy the motor, carb to oilpan, for $2500. That is more money than I have in the motor. At any rate, I've got a couple of friends that run LSturds and theirs run pretty decent. I'm considering picking up a JY LS motor and dropping it into my Mustang GT. How much would a JY engine...throttle body-oilpan, computer (and accessories) run me? How difficult would this change be? Also, what kind of ET's could I expect? The Mustang weighs 3280 with me in it right now. This is a difficult decision as the FORD power has made me a believer and I've yet to get my azz kicked by an LSturdmaro. Also, what tranny would you recommend? I'm using an auto now, but would a stick work better with an LSturd?
LOL, what a joke. You out picking on bone stock Ls cars to keep your chest puffed up? Cause a well built LS motor will drag your ***. Unless you dump a **** ton into that shitstang.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:29 AM
TECH Regular

Well said big mike! well said! lol
Old 09-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you love the word, Turd. I wonder where else you use it.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you check the other forum threads there is a hybrid link...there are people who have already done what you want to do...so i would check there for the parts you will had to fabricate for it all to work....and for the LSTURadS ...LMAO i ran 12.5's with a 99 FORMULA M6 car with Exhaust and drag radials...so if you wanna come play with another turd...then by all means lets run..and when its all over you can go wipe your *** with whats left of your pride...
Old 09-10-2008, 06:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey dipstick 10.5... This is your only warning. Grow up or go away. Post again like this and you'll be banned.

Last edited by Camaroholic; 09-10-2008 at 07:07 AM.