Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

popping when auto shifts please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 12:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default popping when auto shifts please help

after a long night at the track and only getting 4 runs i finally got the car into the 12.92. theres somethign wrong though because it keeps poppin when it shifts from 2nd into 3rd gear, if i leave the car in 3rd it popps really bad on shifts but when in od it only pops twice on the 2nd to 3rd shift but in od thats how i got her into the 12s. when i say popping i mean its like bouncein off the rev limter but i have it set to 6500 and its shifting at 6000rpms ish but is there anything i should check other then the plugs and wires to find out why it keeps popping when it goes to shift. it doesnt want to come out of 2nd in to 3rd unless you let off the gas but then sometimes it will pop once or twice then shift good into 3rd gear and runs really strong. im lost on this one the only thing i can think of is a bad plug or wire. has anyone had this problem before with their auto ls1 ??

i have all 4 time slips im car #639 if you cant read the slips i will resize them.

Last edited by rob scott; 09-11-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Regular

that did it to me it was 02 sensors but it may possible be a slipping trans not sure tho
Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 AM
12 Second Club

so basically its breaking up a lil bit?.... or the shift points are messed up... i had my shift point fixed because it was bouncing off the limiter and about 2 days later it was doing it again so i had to go back and get them redone

do u have a cam in this thing ?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

i have the stock cam and stock converter in it for now. when it goes to shift its bouncin off the limiter i belive but the ses light was on and i checked it this moring its the 02 sensor on driver side header and the passnger side 02 is bad too. i just pm'ed the guy that tuned it for me to see what he set the rev limiter at.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

heres a link to the video it wont show much because my cam or pc is messed up so its like a still pic with sound. in the video im the only one runing because the left line was closed due to a car blowen the trans but if you listen you can hear my car go down the track and it cleary bounces off the limiter.

the trans is completey built i put 200miles on it with the stock converter before i took it to the track so the trans is fine its shifting fine under street driving and everything but when i get on it and stay on it for it to shift through all 3 gears it will hit the rev limiter before shifting so maybe my shift points are set to high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEXDjoqgOtg