Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotating Assembly for LS1!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rotating Assembly for LS1!!!!

I think my botton end just took a ****. The oil was at the ADD mark on the dipstick and I heard it start knocking. I am just thinking worst case senerio the bottom end. If it is, what rotating assembly would you suggest?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would you be looking to do to the engine? Stroker? Forged?

I have access to SCAT and Probe is making LS stuff as well now.

I would pull it apart and make sure that you spun a bearing or that you really need to do all that work first, before spending all the money.

Did you lose oil pressure?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The oil pressure stayed the same. I can bearly hear the noise at idle, but when revved up in rpms the louder the knocking gets.....I just cant tell if its the bottom end or top end
Old 09-14-2008, 01:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only speak from experience and this is regarding my built LT1 (the stroker), but when the stock engine went I spun a cam bearing and the mains were shot. I lost the oil pressure but nothing sounded really bad. Months after it was built I ran it hard and some of the header bold worked loose and it was making a sound like I though I had a major problem. Turned out is was a loose valve cover bolt and some loose header bolts. Once tighened the sound went away.

On the LS1 after the cam swap I had what i though was a lot of Valvetrain noise and though I had some big problems, again turns out is was just the sound coming through an exhaust leak.

I woud check everything out and find the source of the problem, before spending a lot of money.

Unless you want a built motor and are ready to spend the money. I enjoyed it and the cars are fun to drive now vs. stock.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give us a call, we stock rotaing assemblies for rebuilding your setup, or we have about 30 short-blocks in stock right now in case your in a hurry! We have short-blocks starting at 2700 or so...
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com