Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam package help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam package help

We are looking for the best cam for our set up and the set up is full bolt ons,AFR stage 3 heads (as he claims),LS6 intake and 78mm throttle,M6 with centerforce racing clutch and 3.73 the cams he was thinking about are T-rex v.2 and Magic stick 4 the heads can hold up to 700" lift he asked me what size pushrod they recommend I guess the standard 7.4" is enough and what lifters he should use? the stock ones gave up on him can he use the OEM lifters or he needs racing ones? when he will order the cam package he will take the LS6 ported oil pump too so which cam do you recommend? here are the links that I found for the lifters and pushrods,the lifters dont know which one to choose the standard or the Comp R http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/cate...MID=1&catid=50 and the pushrods http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=152&catid=51
Old 09-15-2008, 04:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

come on guys we need to order the package ASAP
Old 09-15-2008, 05:52 AM
12 Second Club

I got the MS4 kit from TSP came with the cam, springs, locks, retainers, and hardened push rods. Great products and great people to deal with. Any future upgrades will most certainly come from them. Went with comp cams ls replacement lifters and I have no problems with them what so ever. As far as push rod length you need to make sure if the heads have been decked or not.
If I were you I would call TSP up and talk to them about this. Explain to them what you have so far and what your goals are. They will put you in the right direction. They wont try to sell you something just to get a quick sale. You may be better off with a custom spec cam, and they will work with you on that.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

fatdave thanks alot man the only guy who reply to me,the heads got 62cc chamber do we need shorter pushrods?I will let my friend send TSP email to recommend the cam and everything
Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

To be honest man I am not sure. The best way to check would be with a push rod checker tool. If there is ever any doubt on something like that you need to check it and make sure. I would not just take someones word on it if your not sure what has been done to the heads. Would much rather take the time to check something like this than find out the hard way that you were wrong
Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Launching!

i got the TSP torquer v.2 on a 112 and absolutely love it!! lots of power and sounds great. works with the standard 7.4"
Old 09-15-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fatdave
To be honest man I am not sure. The best way to check would be with a push rod checker tool. If there is ever any doubt on something like that you need to check it and make sure. I would not just take someones word on it if your not sure what has been done to the heads. Would much rather take the time to check something like this than find out the hard way that you were wrong

I will just tell him that thnx again

2002 SS thnx I know about the torquer v.2 but that will be very small for that engine