Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

patriot heads.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default patriot heads.

I have an 02 a4 camaro z28. Full boltons. I was going to get some budget patriot heads. I was going to get the 59cc combustion chamber and was wondering which intake valve size to get. It comes with either 2.02 or 2.055. Someone recomended 2.02 because it has better low end torque... I have a 3000 stall on my car and low end torque is not an issue for me... so should i go witht the 2.055? Does anyone have any experience with this? Please help! I am waiting on this to order the heads and its 2 weeks wait for them.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Default Patriot 59cc heads

Originally Posted by youguessit
I have an 02 a4 camaro z28. Full boltons. I was going to get some budget patriot heads. I was going to get the 59cc combustion chamber and was wondering which intake valve size to get. It comes with either 2.02 or 2.055. Someone recomended 2.02 because it has better low end torque... I have a 3000 stall on my car and low end torque is not an issue for me... so should i go witht the 2.055? Does anyone have any experience with this? Please help! I am waiting on this to order the heads and its 2 weeks wait for them.
I have the Patriot 59cc Stage 2, 5.3 cnc heads with the 2.02 valves, 5 angle valve job, Patriot gold springs, hand finished.( 8+ hours of de-ridging between cnc cutter passes, plus some subtle seat blending) They are also strait milled 25 thous for more compression.
(450 whp on Dynojet)

I've been running them for 2 years (summers only) with 0 issues - part-time street driver. I would conservatively estimate that I have put less than 7500 miles on this motor.
Was going to build a new combination with custom heads/intake (383 stroker) and would be willing to sell these heads for, say $595 or about 60 percent of the Patriot new price.

Now, keep in mind I am still driving my car for a couple more weeks until she comes off the road for the winter once again. So I wouldn't be able to remove them until roughly mid October.

Let me know if you are interested.

Trev
Old 10-04-2008, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

So my guess is your going with the LS6 style??? I mean you have a higher stall so you want that powerband up and while the 5.3 heads are great, the LS6's flow better up top. I have the stage II LS6's with the 59ccs with the dual springs and love them, no noise, power never seems to stop till 6200......but then again what cam are you running
Old 10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

I dont have cam yet... just wanted to do the heads because i have to pull mine for the bad lifters... Dont get me wrong... ill be getting one soon but if im going to do cam im going to do 2 piece timeing cover, double roller timing chain.... I dont have money for these right now... I plan on goin with a high lifte at least .58 on either side with at least 230 duration on each side... So basically im getting it all set up for a nice cam... Just wondering if which size valve to use for intake....and yes ls6 style

Last edited by youguessit; 10-04-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: ls6
Old 10-04-2008, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by topfuelman
I have the Patriot 59cc Stage 2, 5.3 cnc heads with the 2.02 valves, 5 angle valve job, Patriot gold springs, hand finished.( 8+ hours of de-ridging between cnc cutter passes, plus some subtle seat blending) They are also strait milled 25 thous for more compression.
(450 whp on Dynojet)

I've been running them for 2 years (summers only) with 0 issues - part-time street driver. I would conservatively estimate that I have put less than 7500 miles on this motor.
Was going to build a new combination with custom heads/intake (383 stroker) and would be willing to sell these heads for, say $595 or about 60 percent of the Patriot new price.

Now, keep in mind I am still driving my car for a couple more weeks until she comes off the road for the winter once again. So I wouldn't be able to remove them until roughly mid October.

Let me know if you are interested.

Trev

Sent you a PM