Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls2 sensor issue... cam sensor harness wont mate with engine harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2 sensor issue... cam sensor harness wont mate with engine harness

I have a factory gm 06 ls2 gto engine harness... and i recently purchased all the sensors from gm... everything clipped in just fine till i got to the cam sensor harness which i purchased from gm as well for an o6 gto. The off white cam sensor clipped right into the gm cam sensor harness/bracket... all was good, but when i went to plug the cam sensor harness in to the engine harness it wouldnt mate.. its obvious they go together.. the plug on the inside looks like they would mate but the outer clip part wont let it slid through.. the clip is the same shape... just no go... is there an additional harness or something. let me know thanks ... heres the cam sensor harness number for referance... 12627501 thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may not be understanding you but I do not think you should need a cam sensor harness if you already have an ls2 engine harness...ie the engine harness cam sensor should plug right into the ls2 cam sensor. BTW for all you guys spending money on the conversion harness to go from ls1 to ls2...All you need to do is solder 3 lengths of wire to lengthen the ls1 harness, switch the two outside wires with each other and you save the cost of the conversion harness.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
I may not be understanding you but I do not think you should need a cam sensor harness if you already have an ls2 engine harness...ie the engine harness cam sensor should plug right into the ls2 cam sensor. BTW for all you guys spending money on the conversion harness to go from ls1 to ls2...All you need to do is solder 3 lengths of wire to lengthen the ls1 harness, switch the two outside wires with each other and you save the cost of the conversion harness.
IT has a cam sensor harness/ bracket that mounts to the timing cover then connects to the engine harness
Old 03-23-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First, check and make sure they gave you the right cam sensor harness, there may be more than one. Most GM connector shells are keyed with a tab so they'll only mate with a particular shell. Also check for burrs or plastic casting flash in the connector shells...