Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running a LQ4 with just harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running a LQ4 with just harness

I just got my LQ4 for my 70 Chevelle conversion from my local junkyard. I have the computer and throttle peddle. I have a 3 month warranty on it, but I want to make sure it runs as they told me it has been sitting for two years. Is there a way i can hook a switch up to the ignition wire and start it?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Teching In

You'll most likely need to have the harness reworked and the ecm reprogrammed to make it work on a stand (or even in your car).
Old 04-12-2012, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

2 yrs in a junk yard.... U can betyurass the injs are clogged up.
As mentioned, there'd need to be at least the VATS turned off....
Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Teching In

watch the oil pump priming. Sitting that long, you'll need to be sure you prime the pump before you start the engine. I'm guessing you'll be putting an F-body pan on it rather than the truck pan, so while you have the pan off, pack the pump with petrolium jelly and you should be good. There are other ways (and prob. better...)to do it, thats what I do and it works.

What trans are you using? I have a 350 behind mine and just programmed the ecm for a "manual" trans to eliminate any transmission communication issues.

Do you have the O2 sensors too? I don't think it will run too well if its not reading anything from no O2 sensors. Most likely you'll need to remove the alarm setting from the ecm as well.

Quick Reply: Running a LQ4 with just harness