Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering LY6

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering LY6

In the process of swapping an LY6 into a first gen Colorado. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of how the express van this engine came out of had the power steering routed. I've got a reman stock PS pump that came factory on the LY6. The Colorado came with a pump that had a build in reservoir, the LY6 did not, so I plan to add one, something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedway-Ve...4AAOSweXddEM6B

The colorado has two PS lines coming off of the cooler/rack, high pressure and low pressure. Looks like most remote reservoirs have 2 ports, big and small. I can see where the high pressure line from the rack needs to plum into the pump(circled in red), My question is about the rest of lines. I assume the big port on top of the pump is the feed from the reservoir(black cap) which would connect to the bigger port on the reservoir. Does the return line off of the cooler/rack go to the smaller fitting on the reservoir? If that's the case, do the rest of the connections on the pump get plugged(red cap, two smaller green caps)?

The line I'm most curious about is the one with the red cap.

Anyways, this probably seems like a very basic question but the is the first time I've had to set up my own PS circuit.