Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beck's Since Sold to Tre Racing, Your Thoughts Needed...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beck's Since Sold to Tre Racing, Your Thoughts Needed...

My issue is I am having a Becks Sheetmetal intake built for my LSX 454 Solid Roller 2002 Camaro Z 28 but when I originally talked with TRE about doing so they said 3 - 4 weeks on the build. I sent them my stuff with a deposit around Dec 25th 2012 and realize they were closed for the holidays but was told by them the intake should be completed around the end of January. Well it is now getting to be mid February and when I called at the end of January I was told a few times by them they would call me when it was done and I just called yesterday and the lady said they were out to lunch and she would call me back and let me know a update status on the intake but still no call back and its now another day. Anyone else had any good or bad dealings with Tre Racing and any thoughts thanks. All and any suggestions or input welcome thanks Carl.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

I know someone on here has comments before I make this decision. I just dont want to be just seeing this from my point of view. One I think as a business, if you want someone to spend 2400 dollars on a intake you should keep them informed on the status and progress of the part they are needing. They went over on the time and they told me many times they would call and go over things and they still never did call in the beginning to really go over thoruoughly what I needed in the beginning then it was just we will call you when we are done but never any discussion on needs and never any calls to say we are working on your intake and sorry we wnt over on the time of getting it done but we can have it ready to go and ship out by the end of the week. I am still waiting for a call. It makes you feel like they don't value your business with them and I am very close to cancelling the order whether I need the intake built or not.....
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Save everyone some time on this one they are now finished with my intake, LOL
Old 02-12-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let us know how it fits. The only TRE I've seen I was not impressed with. They didn't machine in o-ring grooves in the head flanges and the throttle body flange was too far forward and at the wrong angle.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Okay I will keep you posted thanks for the information.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im in for some info, post pics when installed
Old 02-13-2013, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

I hope it goes better then it has, Brandi the secretary told me the intake would ship out yesterday if I got the payment to her by 3:00 well I got off work early and put the funds in my account and called her at 3:45 EST which is 2:45 in Texas well, I told her I needed to go ahead and pay for the two day service because I needed it asap and she said she would send tracking and get the intake outand on its way yesterday. Well, I never did receive tracking so I thought maybe I gave her a wrong email address so I called this morning to check and she gave me tracking via UPS but when I put in the tracking number I put it in only to find that the package still was not shipped from there facility putting me back another day and also I found out that I will have to get it powdercoated black because they have to ship it off for that and its an extra week so now they charge me for the two day service and dont ship it out until thursday putting me at friday getting it and having to get it to a powder coat place in Clarksburg WV. Yea this hasn't been a fun ride dealing with getting the intake done but I hope the measurements and the intake are precise and have good craftsmanship I will cross my fingers on this.....
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Sucks beck had health issues and sold everything to tre but they do good work from what i have seen.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UGotBeaT
Sucks beck had health issues and sold everything to tre but they do good work from what i have seen.

Good to know, I hope that is the case, then as long as thats true, I will be a happy camper once I receive my intake and get it powdercoated. Thanks for the information.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Called TRE this morning and talked with Brandi and she told me that when they went to install my nitrous kit back on the intake it did not fit so more modifications needed to be made. I told her to notify me when it was done I would probably do overnigh shipping. Im keeping everyone posted on my experience thats all I can do is share my experience with you all.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs down

I called them and the lady was nice that answered the phone... She transferred me over to a dude and he was a total tool bag! His first 5 words made me change my mind about dealing with them... Hell I'd would now spend the extra mondy to use Wilson, Marcella or anyone else other than them!!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:27 AM
TECH Regular

Such a shame. Wish beck was doing ok and still in business. everyone please keep him in your prayers

Quick Reply: Beck's Since Sold to Tre Racing, Your Thoughts Needed...