Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mightymouse catch can

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mightymouse catch can

I wanted you guys to take a look at my catch can setup and see if I have it on right. Soon after I put it on the car a cel came on. I think it's an evap code.
Attached Thumbnails Mightymouse catch can-img_20161224_144103548.jpg   Mightymouse catch can-img_20161224_144108917.jpg  
Old 12-24-2016, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

From the looks of it, you are pulling from the oil fill cap into the catch can, and out of the catch can to the PCV port at the throttle body. It looks like you capped the vent line on the valve cover, so I imagine you have it capped at the throttle body as well.

What did you do with the rest of the original/factory PCV system? The crossover from valve cover to valve cover in the back. And the original vacuum tube to the throttle body?
Old 12-24-2016, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

I capped it off at the valve cover since the original vacuum cable coming from the throttle body was going to the valve cover. the crossover is still connected in the back. The valley cover is also capped off
Old 12-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone?
Old 12-25-2016, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

It sounds like you just put your catch can in the vent line and capped off the original PCV system. From what I have seen, most people cap off the vent line and run the crossover and valley cover to the catch can, then the clean side of the catch can to the throttle body.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You have it hooked up right to me - basically you are allowing excess pressure to escape out of the catch can while allowing clean air to be sucked in through the throttle body.

Here's a schematic of the stock PCV system

You simply made the inlet into the valve cover the filler cap - the bonus of using a larger inlet is that if pressure builds up in the valve cover it will blow out through the filtered catch can.

I'm assuming that your using the MM catch can that only lets air out - not air in. If you plug the inlet hose on the throttle body and blow through the valve cover hose into the catch can it should blow freely, but if you suck on the valve cover hose it should hold a vacuum. If this is not the case you are allowing un-metered air into your engine and that may be your issue. You need the piece of rubber that goes under the filter of the MM catch can.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

The PCV valve on the 'PCV' can always connects to the intake manifold, so that is incorrect.

It appears where you went wrong was trying to add the new system without taking off the old system.

fresh air to driver cover
oil fill to can inlet
can pcv outlet to intake manifold

if you are running MAF the fresh air should hook after the maf to use measured air
if you are running boosted the fresh air has to hook in front of the boost

Quick Reply: Mightymouse catch can