Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Forged Crate 376LSX Long-Block from GM Performance Parrts

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Forged Crate 376LSX Long-Block from GM Performance Parrts

Good news. Another option for a budget forged motor directly from GM.

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/lsx/index.jsp

MSRP $6625 (Price is crossed through so assume it is marked down)

Part # 19171049, Boost on a budget!

That’s what you get with the new LSX376. GM Performance Parts takes the economical LSX Bowtie standard-deck block, adds blower-friendly 9.0:1 forged pistons and combines them with the LS3’s high-flow heads to create an affordable foundation for supercharged and turbocharged combinations. We deliver the LSX376 without an intake manifold and other accessories to keep the price lower and enable the installer to tailor the induction system to suit the blower or turbo system. Swap in the LSX376 in a vehicle originally equipped with an LS engine to give it a stronger bottom end for forced induction, or swap it into a street rod or classic muscle car body for a modern update. Our baseline horsepower and torque ratings are based on testing with the production-style, normally aspirated injection system. There’s no telling how much power you can realize with a carefully tuned turbo or supercharger system! NOTE: Due to the number of application variations, the LSX376 crate engine does not include an oil pan. See the LS Engine Components section for production-style oil pan choices. Also, the LSX376 valve covers do not include provisions for mounting the ignition coil brackets. Aftermarket or custom relocation brackets must be sourced.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

It's nice, but those powdered metal rods are big trouble. I'm surprised that GM would use them.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^Yeah. GM, Learn how to put a FORGED rotating assembly in a motor. Jesus.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:46 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't see the rods being a problem, have you guys seen how much power guys are making on stock shortblocks? The first thing to go on the crazy high HP stock shortblocks were the pistons, not the rods. GM stock LSx rods have been shown to hold more power than alot of aftermarket company budget forged rods. Could they have swapped to forged? Yes. But then you wouldn't be able to buy one from me for $5695 like you currently can (I even have them in stock). It is called boost ready on a budget and I guarantee it will do better than stock shortblock setups have done reliably and the price is killer for a longblock that should handle a substantial amount of power.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 02-17-2010, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does gm offer the lsx454 in a shortblock?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

No sir

WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 02-18-2010, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
I don't see the rods being a problem, have you guys seen how much power guys are making on stock shortblocks? The first thing to go on the crazy high HP stock shortblocks were the pistons, not the rods. GM stock LSx rods have been shown to hold more power than alot of aftermarket company budget forged rods. Could they have swapped to forged? Yes. But then you wouldn't be able to buy one from me for $5695 like you currently can (I even have them in stock). It is called boost ready on a budget and I guarantee it will do better than stock shortblock setups have done reliably and the price is killer for a longblock that should handle a substantial amount of power.
I missed the fact that this is an iron block. Do they now or do you know any information if there is a forged aluminum block in the works? I would much rather have a forged aluminum 376 but price is so low on this iron block.

I currently have a Procharged D1 H/C stock bottom 347 with a mild cam, ARH headers, SD tune, etc that puts 565 to the rear wheel running a 4.38 pulley making about 9 lbs of boost - 1998 Z28 -Yank PY3400 and Performabuilt Level III back to a Moser.

If I go to a 4.25 pulley with a mild tune SD tune - how much of an increase in rwhp could I expect? I'm think at least 100 - I have no desire to make 700

How about the cam specs - looks to be very mild?
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't understand why GM doesn't cast the LSX block out of aluminum for testing. They have the mold and just need to cast it in aluminum instead of iron. CNC it for sleeves, build and dyno test it to see how it holds-up. I'd bet it will hold up as well as any LS motor out there.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:57 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We could build something very similar with better rods for about the same money,
In fact I can give you more cubic inches for about the same money (with better rods)

Jontal we can build you a 454 very easily and keep costs down a bit with rod selection as well. That 454 long block is posted at $11625, which is not far off the price of our long block similarly built.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 02-18-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:39 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jontall
I don't understand why GM doesn't cast the LSX block out of aluminum for testing. They have the mold and just need to cast it in aluminum instead of iron. CNC it for sleeves, build and dyno test it to see how it holds-up. I'd bet it will hold up as well as any LS motor out there.
It's not as simple as you are thinking, iron vs aluminum would be a totally different block requiring totally different molds and would not be cast right beside the iron block in the same building. Molds are foundry specific, and not all foundries who do iron blocks are equipped to do aluminum blocks. Even if a foundry did both iron and aluminum, the iron and aluminum blocks would still require different molds.

The LSX454 will be $9995

Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

I just noticed that this is the lsx block..

This is a ragin good deal....
Old 02-18-2010, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
I just noticed that this is the lsx block..

This is a ragin good deal....
Yes indeed it's a good deal. I would love to see someone put this motor to the test as is with boost. Maybe now GMPP will start offering other stroker motors. That would be nice.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

If I still had a f-body. I would go for it. Still very tempting anyways. Would love to strap a TVS2300 on the top and pulley the crap out of it...
Old 02-18-2010, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
If I still had a f-body. I would go for it. Still very tempting anyways. Would love to strap a TVS2300 on the top and pulley the crap out of it...
Yep. We need to convince Jody to buy one since he wants to go FI.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

AND he is "Motorless"...
Old 02-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
What would be the advantage for me w/ my Procharged LS1 w/ Dart heads and a Comp cam custom made for my vehicle? I have 1.8 Harlan Sharp roller rockers and run about 11psi boost. My specs on the heads are 62cc chambers and 2.02 intakes and 1.65 exhausts. Flowrate is 290cfm intake and205cfm exhaust. With meth I'm seeing 660-670rwhp. One of my friends told me to check out the block because I want to do an upgrade and was thinking Virginia Speed as a source for a shortblock and re-use my bolt on components.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
We could build something very similar with better rods for about the same money,
In fact I can give you more cubic inches for about the same money (with better rods)

Jontal we can build you a 454 very easily and keep costs down a bit with rod selection as well. That 454 long block is posted at $11625, which is not far off the price of our long block similarly built.
curious, what heads are included as the standard long block with that price?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:24 AM
9 Second Club

Does this really have 4 bolt heads?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Boosted One
I don't think that the prices for LSX LS3 and LSX L92 heads prices have been released yet, I could be wrong.

I will assume that they are four bolt heads instead of six.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boosted One
If you are referring to the GMMAC long blocks, the LSX454 has six bolt heads.

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/lsx/index.jsp

Part # 19244611:

One of the most legendary engines in muscle car history is the Chevy 454 Big-Block. With the LSX Bowtie block, GM Performance Parts engineers were able to build a 21st century 454 with the latest technology – and it requires no more space under the hood than a production LS engine. It’s perfect as the power plant for a late-model Camaro drag car or a high-tech retro-fit for a ’70 Chevelle pro-touring machine.

The LSX454 is filled with an all-forged, super-tough rotating assembly and features a pair of our new, deep-breathing LSX six-bolt cylinder heads. It also comes dressed with great-looking, all-new orange powder-coated valve covers with engraved “LSX454” logos. GMPP delivers the LSX454 without an intake manifold and other accessories.

With a carburetor and high-flow GM Performance Parts intake manifold, the LSX454 is good for about 620 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque —or about 580 hp and 600 lb-ft. with fuel injection. NOTE: Due to the number of application variations, the LSX454 crate engine does not include an oil pan. See the LS Engine Components section for production-style oil pan choices. Also, the LSX454 valve covers do not include provisions for mounting the ignition coil brackets. Aftermarket or custom relocation brackets must be sourced.

Quick Reply: Forged Crate 376LSX Long-Block from GM Performance Parrts