Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

07 Zo6 Procharger bottom end build questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Zo6 Procharger bottom end build questions

Looking at a 07 z06 with stock bottom end.

car has a cam, valve springs and a procharger P-1sc i believe at 4.5 psi.

ive done some light reading and this is safe if the tune is perfect but i know i will want more so what are my options to get the bottom end upto par with 15-20psi.

both the cheap way and the right way just to see where i will be.

I like to run my cars, pretty hard so i know if i beat on it with the weak stock pistons and liners im gonna damage a whole lot more then if i just got it fixed up before failure.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crank is good, Rods are good,Block....Good for 15psi in not more.... if this is truly a 427 LS7.. engine Piston are not set up for that much boost.....Change pistons......there are plenty 1000hp stock LS7 engines to get there and not use so much boost....Get heads done and have a cam spec'ed for more boost...15psi going into a good breathing 427 will be more power than you can handle on the street or the track if the car is not dialed in correctly......
Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1st off, if you plan on pushing anywhere near that much power you're going to have to upgrade that head unit to something larger. At that point, you could just put a set of low compression forged pistons in it with a blower camshaft and run it. However, your motor is still at risk due to the thin cylinder walls and exhaust valve/guide issues. Resleeve the motor with forged internals and get the heads done with stainless steel exhaust valves with bronze guides and the sky is the limit.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Teching In

The motor already has a comp cams blower cam and upgraded valve springs when that was installed, Ram twin disk clutch, and they put in 60# injectors at the same time.

I realise if i want big power i will have to change the procharger to a larger one. probably switch to turbo later on depends.

step one is to make the bottom end handle power safely.

So would darton sleeves handle upto 1000hp on the stock block?
or do i need to be looking at a short block of some other type?

this is not my first high powered car most of my friends are in the 1200hp range so of course gotta keep up to make it fun.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have 7sec ERL engines more than 1600hp.... Send it to ERL have it sleeved and buy your pistons they have 2 different sleeve packages dry sleeve and GM LS Superdeck I 4&6 Bolt Block's........ Have the heads set up to take the boost....your crank and rods are good have it balanced...... Houston Texans....
Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 AM
FormerVendor

Give us a call at 812-945-3434 tomorrow and we can get you squared away. We have p,entry of different packages that will handle much more than what you are gonna throw at it and will be very reliable and we stand behind our work.
Hope to hear from you tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ERL Performance
Give us a call at 812-945-3434 tomorrow and we can get you squared away. We have p,entry of different packages that will handle much more than what you are gonna throw at it and will be very reliable and we stand behind our work.
Hope to hear from you tomorrow.
Here you go OP, these are arguably the best in the business right here.

Quick Reply: 07 Zo6 Procharger bottom end build questions