Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Strange oil issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Strange oil issue

Hello,

I have a 2005 Corvette w/ an LS2. Bottom end is stock. Last year I did a set of heads, a cam, Magnuson supercharger, meth kit, timing chain... the list goes on. Car ran well all last summer. I put about 6,000 miles on it total. Oil pressure is consistently at 32psi hot and 42psi cold. On the last ride of last season I parked the vehicle overnight then started it the next morning to pull it into the garage; I had no oil pressure. Car ran like crap for about 12 seconds before i realized there was an issue and shut it off. I haven't looked at it since. Today, after spending the whole winter thinking about the oil pump failure I was inevitably going to have to tackle, I decided to drain the oil, replace the filter, put new oil in, and a can of sea foam. I pulled the fuel pump relay and turned the car over a few seconds. Once I had oil pressure (to my surprise). I reinstalled the relay and started the car. Car ran great all day. Did about 25 miles of driving with very consistent oil pressure; 32 hot. Here's the part I am concerned about. When I drained the flush oil, there were very tiny sparkles in the oil pan. I left the oil pan at an angle after dumping the oil and this is what accumulated. On my last oil analysis at about 5K miles everything was Ok. Now I am concerned. Has anyone experienced this?

The picture below amounts to about 2 table spoons of oil at the bottom of my pan after i drained it.

Quick Reply: Strange oil issue