Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

58x to24x reluctor wheel change ? - Please Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 58x to24x reluctor wheel change ? - Please Help !!!

Hi guys,

I have a really big problem, I ordered a new crankshaft for my LS2 Corvette, and I received part number 12552216, seems to be the same crankshaft but the reluctor wheels are different...on mine I have the 24x reluctor wheel and the crankshaft came with the 58x reluctor wheel...

I'm from Europe, it took forever for the crankshaft to get here and the shipping charges were obscene .

Is there any way that I can change the wheels between them ? I did some research and there is a tool available, but it's only available in the US.

Any help would be appreciated....

THANKS !
Old 05-06-2014, 01:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can change out the reluctor wheel or you can purchase the Lingenfelter Reluctor Wheel Signal Conversion for 58X Reluctor in 24X Vehicle. It's an electronic box that converts the crank signal from 58x to 24x. That would be the easiest way to do it.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 05-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sales3@Texas-Speed
You can change out the reluctor wheel or you can purchase the Lingenfelter Reluctor Wheel Signal Conversion for 58X Reluctor in 24X Vehicle. It's an electronic box that converts the crank signal from 58x to 24x. That would be the easiest way to do it.

Lonnie
any tips for changing the wheels ? I really cannot wait anymore for another part to get here

Quick Reply: 58x to24x reluctor wheel change ? - Please Help !!!