Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Clearances and play

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearances and play

I just bought a 6.0 block off of one of the guys here on the board. Got it appart and am VERY happy with the look of the cylinders and and bearings. You can still see the original hone marks in the cylinder walls! Well I'm getting ready to order parts. just a small list,

Callies Dragonslayer 4.00" crank
Callies Compstar Rods
Diamond Pistons hope fully I will be able to get the new L92 pistons they just came out with
L92 Heads decked to 64-65CC and I would LOVE to go with the New Wieland when it comes out if ever.

But right know I'm on a waiting list to get the block tanked, bored, honed and new cam bearings installed. (due to Dirt Track season is about to start up and they are behind building motors, its a BIG deal here)

but my question is, The clearances, end plays, and torque ratings on this motor what are they? do I need to do with Stock Torque rating and clearances or do I need to tighten them up a little bit? I plan on getting every ounce of hp N/A. with a 12:1 CR but I am unsure as to what torque, clearance and End play to have so any input would be welcome thanks guys and gals!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

anything at all
Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

anything would be helpfull
Old 03-10-2008, 10:55 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

First, I'd like to suggest using search. When I entered the word "clearances" . . . here is what I found https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?do=process. I even started a thread to drill down into the subject a couple of years ago myself https://ls1tech.com/forums/advanced-engineering-tech/431003-optimal-clearances-different-setups.html, so I'm not implying that you should never ask a question. But I do believe that this subject along with questions on cams and a number of other topics have been discussed a lot and Search is working very well right now (thanks to Brains and his pursuit of excellence).

All my best,

Steve
Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

first link did not work, and read the posts, although very informative on something this but did not answer my question as to if I should use Stock Clearances and play's or if I should tighten them up for this motor.

Quick Reply: Clearances and play