Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

which linkbar lifter for a big cam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which linkbar lifter for a big cam?

been reading a lot of bad things on the morel street lifters. want some opinions

thompson motorsports 370
246/260 629/613 112 cam
ported 0821 heads milled .20
super vic 4150 with fast 4150 tb and 1.5" spacer and nitrous plate
plan on a 300 shot

t56 and 3:73 gears

this is a 3klb with driver car that will be driven and raced on the street almost every weekend with the occasional track outing with the guys.

not planning on spinng it further than 7300

what lifters?

non daily driver obvioiusly but i will drive it to work and such when i feel like it.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

Do you have any links to the bad things you have heard about the lifters?
You are going to need more than just a regular cast bodied lifter for that setup honestly. I would use the Morel 5206 lifter or the Johnson Lifter of the same style which is the 2116. Alot of people will recommend the short travel which would help but not 100% necessary. The 15956-16 from comp (which may be a morel) seem to have the best price point for those. You can also go to the Morel Solid roller lifter if you wish, they will save you some money but youll want to make sure to set them up with the proper cold and hot lash. Your spring pressure will be another factor to look at. With that setup you will definitely want to make sure they are setup to .050 before coil bind to get the most out of them like most of the professionals recommend.

If you need any of these or have more questions, we are here to help!
Old 06-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Do you have any links to the bad things you have heard about the lifters?
You are going to need more than just a regular cast bodied lifter for that setup honestly. I would use the Morel 5206 lifter or the Johnson Lifter of the same style which is the 2116. Alot of people will recommend the short travel which would help but not 100% necessary. The 15956-16 from comp (which may be a morel) seem to have the best price point for those. You can also go to the Morel Solid roller lifter if you wish, they will save you some money but youll want to make sure to set them up with the proper cold and hot lash. Your spring pressure will be another factor to look at. With that setup you will definitely want to make sure they are setup to .050 before coil bind to get the most out of them like most of the professionals recommend.

If you need any of these or have more questions, we are here to help!

just a few threads on here. people having the linkbars come out, or the lifter collapsing. i dont want to waste a good motor to save 300 on lifters
guess i need to call you guys and talk to someone. ive always set my ls7s up at about .90 preload. everything ive read says to set the new ones up differently.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would suggest you run the Johnson lifter that WS6 store recommended. We sell Comp, Morel, and Johnson lifters and I like the feedback on the Johnson the best. If you decided to get a set we can help you with that, as well as give you the preload as provided by the manufacturer. Each lifter will be a little different.

Thanks

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 06-07-2016, 12:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Morel 5206

Quick Reply: which linkbar lifter for a big cam?