Group Purchase Requests Please post your GP requests here for the sponsors to consider them.

Aster Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002gt
Pm me I want in.
I just sent you a pm. Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by js2fst
Need one too
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-g...l#post16505929

Here you go, thanks. I just sent you a pm. Bob

Old 07-11-2012, 07:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by speedfreak2685
Im one of the ones that needs one

Old 07-11-2012, 07:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
In depending on discount

Old 07-11-2012, 07:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by yellowrider
i need one as well...
I just sent you a pm too. Thanks. Bob

Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Bob!

My 427 is naturally aspirated, so if I am reading the description of the bracket correctly (I didnt know what it was) it is just for Supercharged motors. Did I read that right?

Chad
Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by ss4chad
Hi Bob!

My 427 is naturally aspirated, so if I am reading the description of the bracket correctly (I didnt know what it was) it is just for Supercharged motors. Did I read that right?

Chad

Yes you are indeed correct, that makes sense to me now. I wasn't sure earlier, I thought maybe I didn't understand what you said because I wasn't running on all eight cylinders yet. Bob

Old 07-11-2012, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

No worries Bob!

Chad
Old 07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

I pm'd every person that said they needed one just in case they dont make it back to the GP section. i am going to check and see right now if FI section has it there, and if not make sure all those guys are aware as well.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
I pm'd every person that said they needed one just in case they dont make it back to the GP section. i am going to check and see right now if FI section has it there, and if not make sure all those guys are aware as well.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob

Old 07-17-2012, 06:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We had a lot of interest in a group purchase on the Aster Bracket and so far only two guys have paid for them. Please step up and help get this group purchase moving, thanks! Bob

Old 07-19-2012, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I never got a PM. Also, the 5% (3/4 tank of gas) discount is decent, but not a huge incentive. I'll see what I can scrape together.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I never got a PM. Also, the 5% (3/4 tank of gas) discount is decent, but not a huge incentive. I'll see what I can scrape together.
I am sorry about that, somehow you got missed. 5% to us seems like all the money in the world, as the profit margin on these brackets is very slim.

Thanks. Bob

Old 08-07-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

this bracket will go nicely with the f1-a. thanks bob.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why should I have to buy an after market part to make the setup that ProCharger recommend work properly??? I was told the 8-rib setup would not slip and it does.

Does ProCharger offer any solutions to what seems to be an epidemic? If I'm replacing their parts with something else do you think I can return their parts for a refund?

I feel disappointed that a brand new, professionally installed system doesn't work properly. Am I the only one?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by South
Why should I have to buy an after market part to make the setup that ProCharger recommend work properly??? I was told the 8-rib setup would not slip and it does.

Does ProCharger offer any solutions to what seems to be an epidemic? If I'm replacing their parts with something else do you think I can return their parts for a refund?

I feel disappointed that a brand new, professionally installed system doesn't work properly. Am I the only one?

They have always slipped. You do not have to buy the bracket. They offer cog setups for extreme applications. Ours would probably fall into the category for street cars, but they do not offer anything like this and fortunately we have Chris out there to save the day and make the seutp efficient. Procharger has got the setup down other than the bracket and the placement of the head unit.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

At how much boost? The stick ProCharger J Bracket doesn't give problems at 8 to 12 psi, but you do have to keep the blower belt much tighter than you do with other belts. A new belt will stretch, and after an hr of use, you need to retighten a new belt. Bob

Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
At how much boost? The stick ProCharger J Bracket doesn't give problems at 8 to 12 psi, but you do have to keep the blower belt much tighter than you do with other belts. A new belt will stretch, and after an hr of use, you need to retighten a new belt. Bob
I’m only running 11 pounds of boost with a 3.85 pulley and a 400 belt - and it's VERY tight.

Here's some more background for you:

I e-mailed ProCharger many days ago, and got no response, so a called two days ago to discuss the slippage and was told I should have bought a “cog drive.” I was then put on hold and when the gentleman came back on the line I was told an alternative solution would be to have some custom bracing made the attached to one end of the “J” bracket and something that pivots with the engine, “like the strut tower brace.” I asked about the Aster bracket and was then put on hold again so the person I was speaking with could ask around about the Aster bracket and to see if there were any other solutions.

Apparently no one at ProCharger had heard of an Aster bracket, but they were going to call me back later the same day to offer additional solutions, but no one called back.

I called again yesterday to ask the same question (i.e., what is the solution for belt slippage for my setup?) and was told that all I needed to do was send my pulley to Carbiniteracing.com for coating.

On top of this people are telling me that I shouldn’t have to do anything if I’m only running 11 lbs. of boost and others are telling me I need the Aster bracket.

I wish there was some consensus as to what needs to be done and that ProCharer was much more knowledgeable and responsive.

Do you still think I should just drive the car for a bit and retighten? Do you sell the Aster bracket?

Thanks!

Jason
Old 04-25-2013, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

I’m only running 11 pounds of boost with a 3.85 pulley and a 400 belt - and it's VERY tight.

I e-mailed ProCharger many days ago, and got no response, so a called two days ago to discuss the slippage and was told I should have bought a “cog drive.” I was then put on hold and when the gentleman came back on the line I was told an alternative solution would be to have some custom bracing made the attached to one end of the “J” bracket and something that pivots with the engine, “like the strut tower brace.” I asked about the Aster bracket and was then put on hold again so the person I was speaking with could ask around about the Aster bracket and to see if there were any other solutions.

Apparently no one at ProCharger had heard of an Aster bracket, but they were going to call me back later the same day to offer additional solutions, but no one called back.

I called again yesterday to ask the same question (i.e., what is the solution for belt slippage for my setup?) and was told that all I needed to do was send my pulley to Carbiniteracing.com for coating.

On top of this people are telling me that I shouldn’t have to do anything if I’m only running 11 lbs. of boost and others are telling me I need the Aster bracket.

I wish there was some consensus as to what needs to be done and that ProCharer was much more knowledgeable and responsive.

Do you still think I should just drive the car for a bit and retighten? Do you sell the Aster bracket?

Thanks!

Jason
...I should also add that I have an 8-rib setup.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks!

Jason

The Aster bracket is something we offer, so I can see why whoever you talked to at ProCharger may not know what you were referring to. ProCharger doesn't offer a cog drive for the 98-02 F Body, it wasn't an option that you could of gone with anyway when you bought your system. The belt needs to be as tight as a guitar string, and if you are using the stock ProCharger supplied air filter, that may be part or all of your problem. It is possible at 11 psi for the filter to be too restrictive, and I have seen it cause belt slippage. To see if the filter is part of the problem, try making several runs with it off in a clean area. Watch your boost gauge if you have one, as you may end up making several more psi of boost, which could lean it out. I sell a larger air filter that will fit in place of the stock filter. Here is a link to it. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-AF056...AF056I-009.htm

Here is the link to the Aster bracket. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Aster-Aut...er-Bracket.htm

Thanks. Bob

Quick Reply: Aster Bracket