Heads Up LS Powered Full Size Truck Class at LSFest2k15

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 01:43 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Heads Up LS Powered Full Size Truck Class at LSFest2k15

I'm starting this thread to try and see how much interest can be generated. We need to hear from those who would have a truck that would fit some general guidelines (like full size, capable of running 9.99 or quicker, minimum weight of say 3500-3600 lbs and of course ls powered) for a heads up class at lsfest2k15.

Please post up your combination including Year, Model, Power Adder, Suspension (front and rear), Weight, best et so far (not what you think it could run), and a general avg of et's.

This is for those guys that would absolutely commit to coming.

I'll start:

I would 100% show up for a heads up class. My combo is as follows:
2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 Single Cab Short Bed
F2 Procharged iron 408
Coil over conversion on the front
4-link in the rear
Last time it was scaled it weighed 4110 ready to go. Currently undergoing a few minor changes and should weigh in around 3850 ready to go.
Best pass to date: 8.99 @ 154 mph
Has run 9 teens to 9 twenties consistently

Come on guys, spread the word and lets get this going. If someone is in daily contact with flaco, please let him know and tell him to post up.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im In for this.....I also posted over on YB.

Trailblazer SS
88mm Turboed 427
Weight is expected to be around 3500-3650 with driver
No times, Still building, Link in my sig to build thread.
Were expecting the truck to run low 9's or better.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:07 AM
8 Second Truck Club

A tbss is not a truck lol
Old 01-07-2015, 07:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,222 Likes on 779 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

TBSS too right?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:49 AM
8 Second Truck Club

At this point I think the class may work better allowing TBSS's and even mini-trucks and just set a minimum weight.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Wow...Really....You would count out a TBSS....That's fine by me. It Sure as hell aint a Car with some weighing in heavier than a Truck.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:40 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by MattKatz
Wow...Really....You would count out a TBSS....That's fine by me. It Sure as hell aint a Car with some weighing in heavier than a Truck.
I understand and all the tbss guys say the same thing.........it weighs as much as a truck so it should run the truck class. That would be like saying my camaro weighs 3850lbs (some do) so I should be able to run the truck class with it. See where I'm going with that. Your tbss is an suv not a truck.

That said, it could be a good idea to allow tbss guys in just to get some filler in there if we couldn't get a full field.

I feel the same way about mini trucks too. While they certainly wouldn't fit in the ultimate goal of a full size truck class.........it may be better than nothing.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blown06
I understand and all the tbss guys say the same thing.........it weighs as much as a truck so it should run the truck class. That would be like saying my camaro weighs 3850lbs (some do) so I should be able to run the truck class with it. See where I'm going with that. Your tbss is an suv not a truck.

That said, it could be a good idea to allow tbss guys in just to get some filler in there if we couldn't get a full field.

I feel the same way about mini trucks too. While they certainly wouldn't fit in the ultimate goal of a full size truck class.........it may be better than nothing.
See, I'm sorry....I beg to differ and Feel that Trucks have a hard enough following that for you to discriminate on truck size and SUVs seems like you are just another guy trying to stack a field how you want it....Look at the diversity in "CARS" ....Ill be there running regardless....but personally for you to call us a Filler is really disrespectful IMO and not a good way to get this started off well. I mean your highly limiting your field to just Chevy or GMC Full size trucks? What about the plethora of S10 or S10 Blazer combos, Trailblazers, colorados, Luv Trucks, Any other brand with an LSX Swap....I just don't find it cool that you think you guys are some "Elite class" . Its hard enough to get a class like this but then to be so discriminatory about it. Sorry but that's a real turn off for this guy. Really all you can complain about is Weight....But you're already tossing around all these weights, and if that's all the problem is, then I hate to tell you , my SUV is a lot closer to a truck than a car considering its a full framed vehicle. Just sayin man...you might want to rethink your standing. Good luck getting enough "FULL" Size trucks to run and fill a class for an event as big as LS Fest....I wish you luck.

Last edited by MattKatz; 01-09-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Teching In

I call my TBSS a truck lol. Its far closer to a truck than a car...
Old 01-10-2015, 03:18 AM
8 Second Truck Club

See, I'm sorry....I beg to differ and Feel that Trucks have a hard enough following that for you to discriminate on truck size and SUVs seems like you are just another guy trying to stack a field how you want it....Look at the diversity in "CARS" ....Ill be there running regardless....but personally for you to call us a Filler is really disrespectful IMO and not a good way to get this started off well. I mean your highly limiting your field to just Chevy or GMC Full size trucks? What about the plethora of S10 or S10 Blazer combos, Trailblazers, colorados, Luv Trucks, Any other brand with an LSX Swap....I just don't find it cool that you think you guys are some "Elite class" . Its hard enough to get a class like this but then to be so discriminatory about it. Sorry but that's a real turn off for this guy. Really all you can complain about is Weight....But you're already tossing around all these weights, and if that's all the problem is, then I hate to tell you , my SUV is a lot closer to a truck than a car considering its a full framed vehicle. Just sayin man...you might want to rethink your standing. Good luck getting enough "FULL" Size trucks to run and fill a class for an event as big as LS Fest....I wish you luck.

Wow, you got me completely wrong man, and I apologize as you took my response WAY out of the context I meant it. Thats the problem with communicating with others via text and not vocally or in person. That said,

I in no way was calling your ride or anyone else's a "filler" out of disrespect. My term filler was only meant in a way to describe a "full field".

Also, no body is acting like "we are an elite group of guys", myself included.

Regarding the comments about me not needing to discriminate because getting something like this going is hard enough as it is......it's just like anything else. I'm not trying to "stack a field", I'm helping the effort to have a full-size GM truck class. It is what it is and thats it. It has absolutely nothing to do with me wanting to intentionally push others away. It would be no different than me showing up to a tbss meet and trying to run in a tbss/s-10 blazer only class and being told that I can't because I have a truck. I would completely understand and not whine about it.

The bottom line is an f-body is an f-body, a mustang is a mustang (even with an ls swap) and so on. The NMCA doesn't allow non-GM swapped cars to compete even though they would fit in the rules of the class. Same thing here, a truck is a truck and an suv is an suv.

I clearly stated that for the benefit of getting something together, if the only way to make it happen was to combine trucks and suvs......then so be it. I'm 100% game for that if it is the only way it'll happen.

Again, no disrespect at all towards you or anyone else. I just thought there might be a following for a full size truck class as it has a decent following down here in texas.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:45 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Anyone else have anything to add?
Old 01-19-2015, 01:57 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like you killed it before you ever got it started.....Next time youll think about what your asking for.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:17 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Sounds like you killed it before you ever got it started.....Next time youll think about what your asking for.
wow, really?
Old 01-19-2015, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

YOu see what happened after it was stated you didn't want anything but full size trucks.....anyone interested just kind of went....Meh.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:53 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Well yea, besides me and pro stock john, the only other two people that replied to this thread have suv's.

So to say it went dead.......nah........it never started. You make my head spin bro.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:26 PM
formerly turbo4.8 (2014-06-25)

nut up 4500lb min weight ! too far of a drive for me plus my trucks slow anyway....
Old 01-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Launching!

I dunno, full body on frame, 14 bolt rear end, stock v8, avg weight of 4500+ pounds, 7000lb tow capacity with built in hitch, similiar cargo area, room for 4, 2wd/awd options,

I dunno I'd say a tbss is more truck than some of you I wanna buy 2 door truck and make it a race car guys.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:43 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by thewrx
I dunno, full body on frame, 14 bolt rear end, stock v8, avg weight of 4500+ pounds, 7000lb tow capacity with built in hitch, similiar cargo area, room for 4, 2wd/awd options,

I dunno I'd say a tbss is more truck than some of you I wanna buy 2 door truck and make it a race car guys.
It's better to be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

This sounds like it's going to be tuff to pull off. Full size 9.99 or faster and under what 3600lb
Old 01-23-2015, 01:05 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I was thinking over 3600lbs. There is only 1 full size that I know of that would come in under, and it would come in way under. Spike's truck is something like 2900lbs. Tube chassis deal. So the 3600lb weight limit would be not be limiting at all really. It's pretty tough to get these things that light, especially with FI. 10.99 to qualify would certainly make the field larger, but I'm not sure how many of the 10 sec guys would participate knowing that there are 8 sec trucks in the class. It's real hard to put together something like this when there are not a ton of folk racing full size pick up trucks. We have I think 4 races a year down here in Texas that are full size truck deals, but they are pretty low key as far as money and social exposure. I was thinking it would be fun to do one at a high caliber event such as lsfest.

I can pretty much tell right now it aint gonna happen. It was a cool thought and there are plently guys down here in the South that would be down for it, they just don't post on the forums much so it is pretty much impossible to use a thread to prove interest. Then on top of that you have guys that don't even have a car (truck in this case) posting negative ****. I never got a dollar figure from PSJ anyway on what we would need if this thing were to happen.

We'll just keep it down here in the dirty south unless some act of God happens.

Quick Reply: Heads Up LS Powered Full Size Truck Class at LSFest2k15