Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Bit by the LS bug!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit by the LS bug!

Hello to all my fellow gear heads! Yes I was cruising the web and came across the 5.3 turbo build from one of the more popular car magazines. So in short I went out and picked up a 2002 LM7 5.3 with 127K on the ticker. Speaking of ticking I was informed by the owner that the motor had a tick but for 200 bucks I thought I would pick it up as I had researched this problem certain LS engines had. After pulling the heads and taking the lifters out I found two lifters with some ugly spots on the rollers. If I could describe it I would say the metal just flaked away on a small portion of the roller, one had a flat spot on it as it appeared to have stopped rolling for some time. So back to the meat and potatoes..I am going to do the old ZO6 cam and springs with turbo and supporting mods and drop it in my 55 2 door sedan. I have a TCI street fighter trans and a 10 bolt posi with 323 gears. I also have a 4K stall and a 4.56 gear set but that was intended for the 302 stroker that is nearly finished. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and if anyone has a ZO6 cam for sale hit me up! I need one! Looking forward to making some new friends and learning the LS ropes!

Last edited by LS55; 05-15-2012 at 05:26 PM.