Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just picked this bad boy up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked this bad boy up!

01 WS6 37k miles in great shape with a fresh set of GoodYear F1's
Attached Thumbnails Just picked this bad boy up!-01.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats man! I'd take off that bra though. It'll ruin your paint. If it's already scratched or faded leave it on and wait until you can paint it. But if it's in good condition when you take it off, leave it off or it will ruin it.

Is it an manual or auto? Any mods? Looks really good, and really low miles!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 AM
Banned

Its a auto and has no mods at all. Its a gm bra so it fits nice but i hear you about paint damage. I;m very pleased, dealer made me a hell of deal on it. I'm probably going to sell the wheels and tires and go with a nice set of stock 16s. These f1s just aren't practical where I live. Someone will get better use out of them. The car is in unreal condition, only thing I see is some rust on the rear housing and minor rust underneath.

Its for my wife to replace her 02 Formula she smacked a utility pole with back in sep. Totaled the car,snapped off the pole smashing windshield the drivers side ttop in and bashing the rear hatch. NOT A SCATCH ON HER! fox ran out in frt of her and she overreacted crossed lanes drove up a small embankment and smacked the pole.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha awesome purchase dude..... you bought it at bonner chevy didnt ya? I've been driving past that car for the past 2 months... shes georgeous i wanted her so bad but ended up getting a great deal on a 02 z check my album. Wow if your wife has that what you roling in
Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

I took off the bra, some minor scatches-marks under it.

etrain yep from bonner chevy. Seem like nice people, got a great deal on it. Good service dept. I had a few small issues and they took care of them.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

dont get rid of the ws6 rims for a set of 16s . ANd how can the f1s not be practical ? are you trying to drive the car in snow ?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha sweet dude you got a sweet fbody. I agree with the last guy who posted lol keep the ws6 wheels and keep it indoors for the winter. Did they tell you the story about the origional guy who traded it in? That guy traded that in with tears for a pracrical family car. car never saw even rain.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TransAmBlue
Its a auto and has no mods at all. Its a gm bra so it fits nice but i hear you about paint damage. I;m very pleased, dealer made me a hell of deal on it.

How much did you get it for?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Congrats on the pick up. Glad your wife was ok.
I agree keep the WS6 wheels, I wish I had those on my TA but it came with the 16's b/c it is not a WS6. Even if you have to drive it in the winter just search CL or something for some cheap 16's even if there steelies and put winter tires on them then you have the 17's for some fun in the sun. Plus your tires will last twice as long b/c each set will see half the use.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Banned

Paid 11.5 for it. I wouldn't drive it in the snow but on any nice day in the winter it will get driven and if it starts to snow you are STAYIN where you are at with the F1's. I might trade for a set of 16 chrome pontiac rims and tires OR I may put a set of all season 17's on and sell the F1's. Was thinking maybe 600 for the F1's, something like that anyways.

Dealer has to replace the Power steering pump and hoses yet and some noise in the engine someplace at idle<might be piston slap. Car really works nice and is tight like new. I wonder if the orginal owner ever posted or visted this site? I'd love to know the story on this car. Its about as perfect as a 01 with 38k on it could be. Runs unbelievable, very strong running car. Wife loves it.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 AM
Teching In

looks great, don't like bras either (burn them all) I say keep the 17s
Old 01-28-2013, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

First thing to get for that car once you get the issues fixed are subframe connectors. Love the color!!! That was my second choice car with that color after a 30th anniversary, both of those fell through back in '99.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Banned

Anyone interested in the bra its gm like new pm me a offer, I personally think they are a pita. I can see why the previous owner bought it, There are a few good stone whacks on the headlight covers. Must have lived around alot of stone truck traffic ..something like that.

Quick Reply: Just picked this bad boy up!