Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from the frosty north

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the frosty north

I'm new here, have been reading a few of the build threads and decided it was time to jump in.
Up here in Alberta Canada we're approx 3000ft altitude and cool for half the year, so the local racetrack is only open from April-Sept. Most of my drag racing experience is with 1964 Rambler Classic/BBC/ 10.5 tire street car combo that runs around 9-flat @ 157mph on our typical day.

Anyhow, the wife and I also have a 1967 Rambler American - cruiser- with a bone-stock 6.0/LS1 and T-56magnum setup... and, I recently took posession of a new-in-crate L92 and am looking forward to a few minor improvements before it gets swapped in there. We're about halfway through building a new house too so thats gonna slow down the car fun for a while.

The tech on this site is quite impressive and I'm sure I will learn a bunch. I'm not sure how many of you will like our old-school projects but I'll post a couple pics once the cars come out of hibernation.

cheers
Mike
Old 03-16-2013, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, to another member of the Great White North. Posting from the home of the Rambler.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Welcome, to another member of the Great White North. Posting from the home of the Rambler.
Steeltown! I've been thru the golden horseshoe from Toronto to Niagara once(didn't see any horses tho). the air wasn't very fresh but most of the people were nice. you guys out there can grow some pretty good hockey players, Kevin Bieksa comes to mind right away.
We dream of taking the cross-country tour in the Rambler someday, kinda like the Diesel song..

cheers!

Quick Reply: Hello from the frosty north