Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new guy from washington

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy from washington

Hi guys. Name is Brian. Joined so I could get some info on the ls1 motors obviously. 4.8l or 5.3l, or possibly some lq4 or lq9 info.

Anyways. I now drive my project car, 85 Monte Carlo SS with a flat black paint job. It's lowered 2 or so inches in front, and 3 in back and sitting on some boss 338 rims with bigger tires in the back for some rake.

Reason I'm now driving that, is because on Friday the 13th of all dates just last week, my 01 s10 xtreme lowered 2/3, with a completely rebuilt 4.3l v6 got drilled by this lady in a hurry to get her job interview after she drove too far and had to turn around. She was making a left out of an entrance to Les Schwab heading the opposite way after I had just gotten into the middle/turn lane to eventually turn left and didn't bother to creep forward/inch her way to the middle so she could see if any traffic aka me were coming and instead just went for it and well, she straight drilled me. My Xtreme with my expensive *** motor is now toast, totaled as repair costs from the autobody shop were above 10k, and my truck probably isn't worth half that.

That reason is why I'm here now. I'd like to turn my Monte into a daily driver but with a 305 sitting in it, with long tube headers and a bunch of emissions **** yanked out by the previous owner it gets horrible gas mileage. I'm thinking with the money I get from my truck I'd like to throw in an ls1.

I found one from an 02 Tahoe (5.3l) with 140k miles on it, that comes with the ecu, wiring harness, and all accessories for $650. 2 month warranty also comes with it. I think I'd love to have an ls1 in my Monte to get some decent gas mileage and a tiny bit of power too. That's basically my story, I feel like I've just gone on and on with this post so I'll quit. lol
Old 09-18-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...&utm_campaign=

I see this is definitely something I should look at for advice. haha

Quick Reply: new guy from washington