Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

first 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first 4th gen

hello, i have always been a third gen guy, while shopping for a clean low mile 3rd gen back in august, with a 6500 dollar price limit, i came across this 94 z28 with 45k, i thought it was cool. bookmarked it and then sat on it while shopping for 3rd gens, about 4 hours before i pulled the trigger on a 83 z28 with 50k original miles, i had a quick change of heart and i had to go look at this 94 first. i fell in love, despite the ugly terrible wheels that were on it, loaded her up on the trailer and towed her 2.5 hours home to NY. (it was a connecticut car) NO RUST at all except the battery tray. so stoked about that!

loaded up and heading home

home and fresh off the trailer (that was fun, with a lowered z)

that was on 9/14, this past weekend i got time to take it to my father in laws body shop and start making her mine, undercoated the rust free chassis, oil change, new pads and rotors, wheels and tires. it was a good day =). also tinted the windows. (junk camera phone pics)

future plans, poly motor mounts and trans mount so the y pipe can stop smacking the floor under load or heavy decel. then ill fix the exhaust leak that was likely caused by the pipe smacking the floor.

i have some clear front bumper lights (cant stand the amber) and side marker lights, i also have 4 new headlights, as one is discolored and dark, and the other is cracked, it takes away from the clean look of the front of the car. in the spring ill throw her back on the lift and flush out the rear, replace the crunchy bump stops i noticed over the weekend. i dont know everything about the car yet, but it seems to had edelbrock headers, y pipe, and cat back, edelbrock STB and SFC, intake and edelbrock throttle body....lowered with shocks and springs. im not sure if the heads are stock or not at this point, it looks to me like someone just purchased an edelbrock kit, like the ones summit used to offer for the lt1. it also has a JET trans control module, which i havent taken out of stock mode yet, (no need to lol) i think the gears are higher as its at 3k rpm around 70mph, pulls hard down low. couldnt hook with the stock rubber......

thats it for now
Old 10-07-2013, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

few more pics.....my two rides together.....

Old 10-07-2013, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking car. What are you thoughts on the rear spoiler?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99wssixm6
Nice looking car. What are you thoughts on the rear spoiler?
thank you, i like it from the front, i like it from the sides, i am unsure of it from the back, it will stay though, i think it just needs a hood to flow with it.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great looking car, the engine compartment is damn clean!
Old 10-07-2013, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

For what its worth the cat back looks like the SLP TOTL or Two Out The Left. Intake appears to be a Moroso with a Trick flow Elbow.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice looking lt1, i can't tell is it a ttop car or not?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oChristiano
For what its worth the cat back looks like the SLP TOTL or Two Out The Left. Intake appears to be a Moroso with a Trick flow Elbow.
thank you! lol the catback is def newer than the rest of the system, intake sounds like a jet going down the runway, i love it.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kevin99hoss
nice looking lt1, i can't tell is it a ttop car or not?
yes its t topped never owned one that wasnt, its a must have IMO
Old 10-07-2013, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hardbones
Great looking car, the engine compartment is damn clean!
its even cleaner now
Old 10-07-2013, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

great looking car. i miss mine
Old 10-07-2013, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1997transamws6
great looking car. i miss mine
thanks! ive had three third gens before this, all were nice, none were perfect....the itch bit me again at the adirondack nationals in early september and i couldnt resist. only way to fix missing the old rides is to get another! lol
Old 10-08-2013, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

thats what i am trying to do lol i am selling my nova to buy another
Old 10-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Teching In

The wheels make a great addition to that car. I like the ducktail spoiler too, it's big but not too crazy. It'll keep you planted when you start makin the horsepowaz and hit 160
Old 10-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Launching!

enjoy the car and congrats on your new toy!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SteveWs6
enjoy the car and congrats on your new toy!
thanks man. you too! lol
Old 10-09-2013, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Philbo Baggins
The wheels make a great addition to that car. I like the ducktail spoiler too, it's big but not too crazy. It'll keep you planted when you start makin the horsepowaz and hit 160
i wish it would keep me planted out of the hole! lol i went for a cruise last night after work, 49-51 degrees out. i punched it from the light and the car hooked worse than it did with the 16s and little rubber, its was screamin, blew out to the left, i let off it, got back in it and it blew out to the right, i really hope its just the cold temps and this thing will hook better in the summer lol, it was fun though but starts like that will have me loosing races to integras. once the tires were boiling and i could actually get rolling the 1-2 shift was a better bite than usual.... =)
Old 10-09-2013, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

i snapped a couple more pics at work yesterday. same crappy phone but a little better pics with some light outside.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

i need some door edge molding that will be discreet and actually fit the edge of the door jamb. my garage is tiny and i literally have to press the door against the wall to get my big 6 foot 250lbs self out of the car haha.....any ideas?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Teching In

I know whatcha mean with the launching thing, my car is always on street tires. Street tires aren't very up to the task of handling these cars. My tires have like 10k miles and plenty of tread on them and they'll still break lose on a baby launch (though on a stick the shock load is more sudden i think) and then if you put tires on it the 10-bolt will fire right out the back like a missile

It's kind of like "okay car smooth and steady" and the car goes "what? you said 350 ft-lbs? *tire smoke*" then you're all "NO DAMNIT CAR I KNOW WHAT'S BEST" They take some seat time before you get the launching down. My first day at the track i was making 60-ft times in the high 2's. I didn't get below 2.3 till my third day (it was, at least, the first run of the day) and still haven't gotten below 2.2. I can shift like **** though. Musta been the 18 months as a truck driver

Quick Reply: first 4th gen