Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from North Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from North Jersey

What's up everyone, new here from North NJ. Recently just picked up a Gen 3 4.8 with 92k. I don't have a vehicle to put it in (yet) but it really will come down to funds when I'm ready to pick something out. I'm going to try to find a roller with a good body/interior and go from there. I'll consider anything that isn't too ugly. Been looking at small pickups, fox platform cars (fox stang, fairmonts, zephyrs, etc), even found a 95 F-body T/A roller with built suspension for $1500 which is a steal and a half.

Anyway, here's the start. Its a 2003 4.8 with 92k. I got all the accessories, electronics, ECU, Airbox, Gas pedal, even has the serpentine belt still attached.

I'd like to fire it up to hear it run before I take it apart. I'm leaving the longblock alone, I'd like to do a cam, valvesprings, pushrods, head studs, and maybe an intake. I might leave the truck intake if I can fit it under the hood of the car, but I definitely have plans to turbo later down the road. First goal is to get the car running/driving.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the site. u can fire it up pretty easy, LT1Swap has wiring info, I think u can figure out fuel pump etc. Good luck.

Quick Reply: New from North Jersey