Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

1970 Pontiac LeMans 4.8 swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1970 Pontiac LeMans 4.8 swap

Just picked up this 1970 LeMans with a 4.8 vortec from a 2002 Silverado 1500 HD with a matching 4l60e transmission. Planning on a 500hp+ street car, maybe eventually a turbo, my brother and i are still throwing around ideas for the build now. Any input, advice, feedback is welcomed! Step one im thinking is getting all the Chevelle doner parts off and getting some Pontiac back on there. That being said, anyone that has the front end parts from a 1970-72 LeMans, i need them! And if you need a Chevelle front clip from the doors forward, ive got it! Here are some links to the videos the previous owner made for me: 1.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks like your doors are chevelle too. body lines match fenders. got a good start on it.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 76larkman
looks like your doors are chevelle too. body lines match fenders. got a good start on it.
Correct, sir! All Chevelle from the doors foward.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know what you think but looks like the wiring could be tidyied up a bit. Yoy happy with how things done/run wise? I hate clutter so I get rid of stuff.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Teching In

I dont know what you think but looks like the wiring could be tidyied up a bit. Yoy happy with how things done/run wise? I hate clutter so I get rid of stuff.
Yeah man its what i called a painful wiring harness lol! But other than that and the Chevelle parts, its great. The swap was done extremely well. Its running a scan guage, which is wonderful. Currently i have it reading speed, temp, horsepower and rpm, feels like im on a dyno pull every time i take off! Loving the car and cant wait to improve on an already well built car!
Old 04-04-2015, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats great, just dont understand why somebody turned it into orphan with multiple personality putting velle front on. does your title match the car? as always change the car to make it "yours". glad you enjoy it. watch the conversion section lots going on there. I just got a 3rd 5.3 today. I need to finish my buick so it can get road time. runs /moves but not road ready yet. then I have my truck to do. a 81 camaro of friends to ls, and a duramax to do. and yet the list keeps growing.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used a ssr upper hose as it look 10 times better. I can measure to see how long it is to see if it work/tidy up your car.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:44 PM
Teching In

thats great, just dont understand why somebody turned it into orphan with multiple personality putting velle front on. does your title match the car? as always change the car to make it "yours". glad you enjoy it. watch the conversion section lots going on there. I just got a 3rd 5.3 today. I need to finish my buick so it can get road time. runs /moves but not road ready yet. then I have my truck to do. a 81 camaro of friends to ls, and a duramax to do. and yet the list keeps growing.
I believe it was because he couldnt get his hands on enough pontiac parts to put the front end together and the originals were pretty banged up. The chevelle front and doors were all purchased from jim dyers chevy classics in Stockton, ca. Currently on the hunt for some lemans/tempest parts so hopefully itll be mine soon enough! Wow nice, sounds like youve got alot goin on.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:45 PM
Teching In

I used a ssr upper hose as it look 10 times better. I can measure to see how long it is to see if it work/tidy up your car.
Ah no its not much of an issue cosmetically i dont think. I just want to clean up the wires.

Last edited by VortecLeMans; 04-05-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no upper silverado radiator hose works fine. just looks more like a snake long & curvy. ssr hose has a 90 degree turn off of radiator. long straight section then turns with the rite angles for truck water pump. Its just tidier. only ? would be if it has enough length to go from pump to radiator.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Default chevy front cap

what is your asking price for the chevele parts

Quick Reply: 1970 Pontiac LeMans 4.8 swap