Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LS1's and LS1Tech

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1's and LS1Tech

Hello all,

I'm from MI. Recently bought a 2002 Camaro Z28. This is my first experience with anything other than trucks actually. Having a blast so far!
Been been getting lots of good info from this site prior to joining so thanks to everyone!

J
Old 04-24-2015, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Welcome! Pix?
Old 04-25-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Forsakenwolf
Welcome! Pix?
Thanks! Yeah to pics! It's pretty much stock, except the yellow poor man's Brembo's, Magnaflow exhaust, and lowered an inch or two, all by one of the previous owners. I intend to bring the maintenance in and out back up to par, then work off that with more bolt ons. It needs some love. But it only has 70k on the ticker, so its definitely a good starting point.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Teching In

I think it looks good. I like the black headlights on those cars. Mines not even lowered yet but soon. This summer definitely.

I agree on the maintenance though. A little bit of love up front makes for a happier car down the road ... also literally :-)
Old 04-25-2015, 02:04 PM

Hey all. New to the V8 world. Coming from imports, 4cyl turbo mostly. Picking up my 2005 GTO Black on Blk/Rd interior Tuesday May 5th. Im excited to finally have a muscle car and experience this world since its new and different for me
Old 04-25-2015, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Forsakenwolf
I think it looks good. I like the black headlights on those cars. Mines not even lowered yet but soon. This summer definitely.

I agree on the maintenance though. A little bit of love up front makes for a happier car down the road ... also literally :-)
One of the maintenance items was the headlights... I agree on the color. But they're a really poor fit and I feel like they were going to give myself or someone else seizure. They are just that loose and no amount of adjustment fixed it. So I'll be putting in a set of used OEM's in tomorrow lol.

I enjoy working on vehicles too. Its relaxing (generally...) and rewarding. Calling a stealership and seeing how much I would've spent makes it everytime...
Old 04-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Well that sux that the fitment wasn't great but at least sitting still they're ok lol. and yes its so rewarding seeing how much money you would've spent if you didn't know what you were doing Ive saved my g/f well into the several thousands in repairs and myself close to $1k since I got the car. Good times

Quick Reply: New to LS1's and LS1Tech