Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie to the LS croud

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to the LS croud

Hi, my name is J.D. and I'm fairly new to the LS crowd, I'am currently working on a hybrid engine of a Nissan VK56DE. I am going to be utilizing the wide variety of forged aftermarket LS rods and pistons and the nice high rpm and flow of the DOHC design Nissan has going for them, and yes I'm prepared for the ensuing flame fest for using a nissan block

I currently have a slow moving build thread on HybridZ for my '71 240z that progresses as I have time from work and family. Should be fun street/strip car to work on with my 3 boys and beat up on some of the local rustangs and vetts. Here's a link to the build so far. http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/1211...-madness-560z/.

Plans for the car are:
- 450-500HP range NA (working on ITBs while waiting for crankshaft)
- Aftermarket ECU or JWT tuned early Q45 Ecu ($100+programing-$$$)
- Crankpins turned and widened to accept LS rods (being turned now) ($300)
- Forged 6.100" rods with a .927" PE (stock is 6.083) ($400-500)
- LS forged pistons with appropriate valve reliefs if necessary, waiting on a few mfg to return quotes and availability) (????)
- JWT valve spring upgrade ($320) and possibly JWT S7/S2 or JWT ITB cam swap ($12-1300)
- Possible future upgrade to a TVS2300 or M122 supercharger
- Full cage and seam weld chassis
- Differential and rear drive train swap (R200 upgrade minimum, possible R230 from Q45 or full S13/14/J30 subframe swap)

- LED Headlights and covers (free lights )
- Either Ariata Speed Works FG fender flares or similar full metal flares similar to this setup

- Front Air Dam and possible splitter similar to this one (not a huge fan of the ricer wing though)

- Rear spoiler (undecided on style at this point)
- Nismo Comp style hood vent (still working on exact design concept, thinking of using steel to slightly widen and then raise the existing hood contours with some vents cut like the competition hood vent and then boxing in/sealing the ITBs to the opening for cold air intake)
- Hood vents (same style as 260 pictured above)
- Z32 5spd or T45-T56 Transmission depending on pricing for matching adapter, clutch and flywheel.
- Wider rims and tires to hook up good

Should be a fun little street/strip car to work on with my 3 boys and beat up on some of the local rustangs and vetts.

I look forward to the utilizing the wealth of knowledge available here to educate myself on the various design and strength differences of the LS platform architecture and performance characteristics.

Quick Reply: Newbie to the LS croud